selectbutton 85, round 21: welcome to the top 5

we’re down to the top 5 (dark souls, doom / doom ii and katamari damacy are seeded for later rounds). every round from now on will feature a single matchup, with the loser eliminated. overall bracket here. voting is now open and will last for one week.

• OutRun 2
  • Demon’s Souls (2009)

0 voters

VOTE

11 Likes

This is an absolutely impossible choice

3 Likes

Can someone give the rundown on how Outrun 2 outshines the original, because I don’t see it.

1 Like

it doesn’t*. vote demon’s souls

*in MY OPINION

2 Likes

I’m going to vote for Demon’s Souls, but every time anyone mentions Outrun in any context I have to listen to this song again.

5 Likes

Demon’s.

I need to play OutRun 2 again. What is the definitive version?

1 Like

if demon souls was more like ico in that it had a girl following me around screaming I WANNA GO ALL THE WAY id consider it, id consider going all the way for demons souls

5 Likes

Handling model for me - 3D allows for a literal je ne sais quoi that makes the lateral swings feel like they have weight. I still like Outrun and Hang-On but they remind me I’m flipping a sprite around.

2 Likes

it’s exactly like ico in the one way that counts

11 Likes

This is funny because we just had Outrun 2 vs Dark Souls not too long ago and if it won this this match, we’d have them face off again. I think the Souls games should kill each other so all we’re left with are their spooky ghosts, ghosts who will quickly be exorcised through doomguys’ bottomless rage.

I like Outrun 2 much more than the original because drifting has a very distinct feeling. It’s great to guide that fish down the asphalt river. 3D racing games have always felt better to me than scaling racers, so may just come down to personal preference.

4 Likes

Actually it would be really funny if this were true:

Outrun>Dark Souls>Demon’s Souls>Outrun

4 Likes

out run 2 is a chunky piece of work, but it just doesn’t have the soul of out run. i am the fucker that only writes about games that aren’t competing that i prefer over one of the ones that is

demon’s

2 Likes

Outrun 2 forever. Since you people killed Crazy Taxi, this is my hope.

7 Likes

not once in my life have i ever considered the maiden’s feet and now you’ve ruined my entire from software experience

9 Likes

wow, she’s got some joyce carol oates feet

hi bachelor

6 Likes

wow damn. i guess dark souls is on the short list of things that might be as good as earthbound, but i’m still surprised it shook out like that here

anyway i like outrun and all but it’s demon’s on this one bb

3 Likes

This is the easiest choice.

Ain’t nothin’ gonna break my Stryder,
I’m OutRunnin’ and I won’t touch ground
OH NO

1 Like

Demon’s. It’s gotta be Demon’s.

3 Likes

The real question I gotta ask myself is, would I vote for Demon’s even over Doom? I hope I never have to find out.

1 Like

Buzz Buzz told me in the future all is devastation