selectbuton.net the Steam curator.

Wand Jimmers

2 Likes

I was looking through SB steam curator and itā€™s woefully out of date. Anyone mind if I periodically add games to it when something gets brought up positively on the forum sometime? It would help to have a list of recommended games to look at every now and then.

If someone has a good idea about what to put in the game descriptions let me know. Otherwise I might PM someone to ask if I could pull a sentence or two out of a post of theirā€™s.

2 Likes

this is an exceedingly fair summary of destiny

killer7, bullet witch, yume nikki, shenmue 1 & 2 and 3, and dragon quest xi should probably all be on there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And ZeroRanger!

4 Likes

Apparently weā€™re limited to 200 character so I truncated it to the last line. Is that okay?

For everything else Iā€™ve just put ā€œReview pending, but it is recommended!ā€.

Thatā€™s the bottom line, yeah

Anodyne 2 should be there.

Iā€™ll write a blurb when Iā€™m more awake.

1 Like

some recentish stuff that should probably be on there off the top of my head:
sekiro
disco elysium
nioh
dmc5
vanquish
amid evil/dusk
scarlet grace and or romasaga 2/3

Let It Die?
Fire Pro?

I like how the Steam site is such a mess that any time you click the button to edit an entry, it pops up a description box that never goes away.

1 Like

yes

1 Like

I made a curator to do what I feel should be the intended purpose of curators.

Its a shame that the majority of humanity has decided, and agreed, that it should be used for endless shitpost clicking about commander shepard and nep nep.

1 Like

No gas station curator yet?

I do have some vacation time coming up in 2 weeks

1 Like

oh also REmake

1 Like

I added everything mentioned, then scrolled through some past threads for popular topics and added:

Monster Hunter World
Dragon Quest Builders 2
FF14
Dream Quest
Slay the Spire
Celeste
Hitman

Hitman 2 would be a safe add, right?

I feel like most major fighting games out right now have been touched and appreciated by some subset of users, so should I just go ahead and start adding them all? Ironically the only one Iā€™m not sure about is SF5.

Thereā€™s a lot of stuff that donā€™t get individual threads though, like stuff in the Games You Played, News thread, and general genre threads like the FPS thread. I donā€™t know that I myself can call out whatā€™s worth being added to the curator but if someone sees or remembers something they think should be recommended going forward let me know.

Are base games enough or should we add add-on content likelike FF14 Shadowbringers or Monster Hunter World Iceborne? Should we call out specific add-on content that deserves particular recognition? For lifestyle games like FF14 and Destiny expansions kind of come with the commitment, but I could see people making decisions over whether they really need to buy expansions like Iceborne.

Edit: Going back through old posts (whoa, thereā€™s a precursor thread from 2014), it looks like thereā€™s a lot of stuff that never got added since we never got around to writing review blurbs. Since Iā€™m already using filler text just so I can populate the list Iā€™ll go ahead and start adding the older games too.

4 Likes

a must for our collective galaxy brain

2 Likes

Done and done.

1 Like

tysm! also imo we should have lightning returns on there, fuck the haters

3 Likes