selectbuton.net the Steam curator.

are we basically doing bottom line style reviews for these because i am probably not the most clever person to write them but

XCOM but you play an overconfident cat burglar instead of a chronically-unlucky and overworked janitor

a game about figuring out how to play; games as awe-inspiring alien artifacts; the surprisingly-affecting emotional arc of solving your first jigsaw puzzle

tactile and aesthetically-perfect zelda 1, right down to the second quest most people don’t play

1 Like

gonna add:

868-HACK: ultra-minimalist roguelike about greed
probability 0: hitting the skill cap took me four years
soundodger: rhythm games don’t all have to have the same mechanics you guys
a good snowman is hard to build: charming hangoutable and well-paced little sokoban variant

1 Like

Wait, there’s a second quest in Hyper Light Drifter?

5+ shard doors, aka the post-game content that’s literally around half the game and which most people don’t end up trying to seek out because it’s a pain in the ass and there’s no substantial payoff for it

Yeah I dunno how I forgot to do a reviewino of Freedom Planet. Should be easy to get a little quote from the forums somewhere at least.

Is there a game called Muri, or do you mean Furi?

The original concept for Metal Gear Rising rises. Slice the entire world to pieces and regain your underwear.

A FMV game about the worst video file sorting system ever created.

…I don’t know that I like that last one.

When the technology catches up we’ll have a game about asking the right questions directly, but for now Her Story is a good simulation of interviewing to build a story.

1 Like

edit-Won’t seem to load the link properly but yeah Muri is a DOS-styled Daniel Remar joint.

1 Like

The Witness
wonder and hatred intertwine in this toddler game for grownups. match colours, shapes and patterns in a meditative brain workout in the saddest cardboard resort. learning languages has never been so calculatedly satisfying and lonely!

3 Likes

it’s Alright imo

fun enough but didn’t have staying power for me after 1 runthrough (do arcade games ever? idk)

Okay, good to know.

…Also, Furi is probably worth a recommendation as well. It was one of my favorite releases from last year.

I’m seconding those.

Also:
D: The Game (Apparently a classic! Just got it, need to check it out)
Path of Exile (there’s gonna be a new expansion this summer, yay!)
Shadowverse (there’s a thread for it here. “Anime Hearthstone”)
Transistor (selectbuttoners cheered when I got that)
Valkyria Chronicles (got it from a selectbutton friend. Still need to play more of it!)
seem like Selectbutton games that I have in my library

And I’d like to add Tekken 7

But I still need to think about text/reviews… Hopefully I’ll get to that in the next days

1 Like

Are we too divided on SOMA to recommend it? Still one of my favorites.

vanquish?

1 Like

http://store.steampowered.com/app/625780/Magic_Wand/ >:9 >:9 >:9

7 Likes

“It is possible this game is […] good.”
–Rock Paper Shotgun

1 Like

awww i was trying to remember the name of this the other day :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

This game makes me feel kind of motion-sick to play.

This can be an endorsement.

1 Like

TWINKLE STAR SPRITES is puyo puyo with guns

2 Likes

Oh shite, didn’t think that we can add TSS and Wind Jammers D:

We are now somehow the only curator who recommends Magic Wand ( ; /\ ; )

3 Likes