selectbuton.net the Steam curator.

I added everything mentioned, then scrolled through some past threads for popular topics and added:

Monster Hunter World
Dragon Quest Builders 2
FF14
Dream Quest
Slay the Spire
Celeste
Hitman

Hitman 2 would be a safe add, right?

I feel like most major fighting games out right now have been touched and appreciated by some subset of users, so should I just go ahead and start adding them all? Ironically the only one I’m not sure about is SF5.

There’s a lot of stuff that don’t get individual threads though, like stuff in the Games You Played, News thread, and general genre threads like the FPS thread. I don’t know that I myself can call out what’s worth being added to the curator but if someone sees or remembers something they think should be recommended going forward let me know.

Are base games enough or should we add add-on content likelike FF14 Shadowbringers or Monster Hunter World Iceborne? Should we call out specific add-on content that deserves particular recognition? For lifestyle games like FF14 and Destiny expansions kind of come with the commitment, but I could see people making decisions over whether they really need to buy expansions like Iceborne.

Edit: Going back through old posts (whoa, there’s a precursor thread from 2014), it looks like there’s a lot of stuff that never got added since we never got around to writing review blurbs. Since I’m already using filler text just so I can populate the list I’ll go ahead and start adding the older games too.

4 Likes