SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE šŸ’€

I like how making almost every pickup a consumable has the effect that you really really pay attention to and try to get maximum effectiveness out of your consumables but I donā€™t likeā€¦ anything else about that

the game strongly signals that it wants you to go try something else if youā€™re hitting a wall because of how you want to keep your playthrough in the black and that should be a way of mitigating frustration but it really just emphasizes how deliberately spare this one is

i unplugged, disabled, etc. secondary display. reinstalled new standard graphics drivers.

didnā€™t fix.

ran from steam big picture, performance doubled (?) but still terrible.

in last futile effort set process priority to High in task manager, magic 50fps wow

these goobersā€¦

ds4: native? ha ha. ds4windows? not quite. ds4windows, hide ds4 option, start before and then run steam, tab out to task manager and increase exe priority because you canā€™t link cmd.exe shortcuts in steam: ok sure.

prolly play this next year

Iā€™m only like two hours in and I understand how fair the scrutiny is to introductory design and the next couple chapters, but I feel like this requires a good dip a while to really appreciate it - flavor in the leaner cut for sure.

iā€™m going to try to ignore the ā€˜oh you died, fucking fuck youā€™ mechanic. Donā€™t punish me for loosing, i lost, thatā€™s the punishment. Also the whole reason I was excited was because there werenā€™t supposed to be levels, but thereā€™s levelsā€¦ so ugh.

I suck at this game, itā€™s hard, but let me suck in peace.

Iā€™m enjoying this so far. Just beat my first lil miniboss. Grappling feels amazing. Combat is really tough but once you figure out an enemy, itā€™s fun as hell. Loving the world design. I appreciated the totally weird little enemy on the bridge during the beginning segment. Seems to hint that this game will go to some strange places.

2 Likes

Yā€™all crazy, this is the shit. From made a Batman game

1 Like

The bit Iā€™ve played definitely did make me think of the Arkham games ha
Which are not good, to be clear, I like this better

okay, how do you avoid being grabbed by enemies? the in-game tutorial is bullshit, because pressing circle doesnā€™t work and iā€™m tired of fighting juzou the drunk for the 400th time.

1 Like

you press circle and hold the analog stick in a direction. Different grabs have to be dodged in different directions and its trial and error.

thereā€™s a pretty easy/straightforward quest to mitigate the dragonrot if thats what youā€™re talking about.

Anyway, triple post combo

I like this game significantly more than bloodborne but I also donā€™t think thats a relevant comparison. Itā€™s not a soulsborne game. It plays almost nothing like them. The first time I encountered the giant snake was incredible.

Iā€™m stuck on a bunch of bosses but Iā€™m not worried about it just yet. Iā€™m confident that after sleeping a bit Iā€™ll be able to handle them just fine.

Iā€™m having a rly good time with this but the bosses all suck? Dodging around them in circles seems to work way better than parrying etc and itā€™s rly boring. Does anyone else feel this way

FWIW the pc version is fine for me, but I am running a single monitor.

I like the return to Demonsā€™sā€™s extremely generous parry windows.

i go to sleep and wake up to find that everyone hates the game :scream:

Iā€™m interested to see what happens with this game, because I get the sense a lot of the core ā€œgamerā€ crowd are expecting another Souls game (given that the only other From game a lot of them know is BB, which basically was a Souls game) and at least based on this thread, this does not seem to be that.

This actually makes me more excited to play this game, but I have enough that I want to finish right now that I canā€™t justify it this weekend.

yeah i am v curious to see how soulsbros react to this

i kinda wanna play it right now but also kinda wanna wait till this evening when i can devote a solid time chunk to it

The throughline of From games from Kingā€™s Field through Shadow Tower up into Souls/Bloodborne and now this is really interesting to follow. (Someone with more experience w/ Armored Core would have to speak to whether that series had an influence) Bloodborne paring down the RPG elements and emphasizing the fast action seems like it was a step toward Sekiro. Iā€™m not really surprised to hear itā€™s not very much a Souls game, and i love and cherish all Souls games but iā€™m honestly pleased to learn this is something slightly different.

Also i enjoy the day one takes as always but iā€™m also a little skeptical of the negativity, i think nearly every From game iā€™ve played has felt off-putting and overly difficult on first blush. I anticipate bouncing off this one a few hours in, and then restarting like a month later and getting hooked :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: which is also why iā€™m equally skeptical of all the game pubs being like ā€œthis is the HARDEST HARD HARD FROM GAME OMG harder than souls so hard youā€™ll PUKE BLOOD AND SHIT TEARSā€

1 Like

The dysentery of dark souls

1 Like

after orphan of kos taking me a week to beat i was pretty much was done with souls games, i couldnā€™t even find the enthusiasm to finish dark souls 3. i was interested in this precisely because it was an evolution and not just another souls game.

also itā€™s super refreshing to me that it lacks some key things soulsbros love: invasions and pvp. thereā€™s no multiplayer at all! no notes! no more thrust from behind amazing chest ahead! itā€™s great!!

5 Likes