see you on ragol (let's play pso in 2022 thread)

Damn I just found this thread. I need to get this set up and play with sb folks!

my partner and i were just talking about figuring out a way to play! i was just going to install it and mess around for a little bit last night so i could get some homework done, but woops ended up sleeping way too late and my lady “big ed” is now level 7.

sounds are very nice! the music in the mall is good, very chill but of special note is the sound the weepingbell looking m’fer makes as it lowers itself into the forest.

i’m still trying to figure it all out, but it’s been a blast so far. it’s also pretty hard! we attempted to go rescue this dude’s maracas but got stumped on the last little bit of it. We found 3 cds (chuchu rocket, burning ranger, and samba de amigo) in the forest but could not find the other two. we dipped our toe into the mines and promptly got fucked up. part of it is that sometimes my lady refuses to target the mons in front of her and will shoot the wall instead. nbd tho. running back when you die can get annoying, but i should also just heal more.

my username is vegetables, maybe i’ll catch y’all out there

6 Likes

I’m hoping that clicking “Start Game” and the game immediately crashing is because I’m trying it on my lunch break over RDP at work.

2 Likes

I’m absolutely disgusted by this feature addition

signed, someone whose real name gives them Pinkal

1 Like

lobby 11 and 12 are the original dreamcast lobbies and last night a guy explained to me that in 2001 these rooms were chaotic arenas of people like covering the screen in gameshark codes and hunting you down to corrupt your save. Im glad he saw a guy named “Dreamcast” running around like a dipshit and decided to talk to me instead of destroying me outright with the old techniques.

1 Like

Yep that was it. Got my lvl1 DaleNixon ranger made! Can I just start a party of myself if I want to get out there and get a feel for things?

3 Likes

my defence mechanism back then was any time you see a humar with the goku hair, you disconnect immediately

5 Likes

you haven’t lived until you walked a mile as NOL

2 Likes

yes, theres a one person only option

1 Like

Yes!! But don’t be like me and spend 10 minutes killing 5 monsters - make sure when you start the party you

then do Side Quest missions - one of those is the original tutorial though i forget the name off the top of my head. It’s pretty obvious IIRC

2 Likes

I know for a fact I won’t have the time or energy to join up and splash around in the kiddie pool, but I deeply love that this exists. I played PSO single-player back on my Dreamcast and got kind of far, maybe?

5 Likes

this is really cool and i want to try it out despite there being no realistic way i can make time for it
maybe i will try to set it up during work and just expore around a bit

3 Likes

cool, all of the many accounts I made still exist

I’m ready

8 Likes

omgggg the true steam deck killer app

2 Likes

my ol’ fonewearl is alive and kickin too

1 Like

wait it cloud stores saves? i wonder if my robot from a decade ago persists in there

1 Like

good grief, it totally does, i left her on lv199
wacky

3 Likes

Yeah I chatted with a lvl 10 rando who said they were on Steam Deck. What a way to play!

1 Like

I did all my playing back on schthack back in like 2006, so I guess I’ll be starting new

1 Like

Nevermind, I guess I got up to level 3 on here a couple years back. Keep an eye out for a Hunter named Nocebo.

Are we doing anything special to coordinate?

2 Likes