Scratching that itch(io)

I wish you posted more critiques of vidcon smithing, tbh.

Jesus christ like how many more could you possibly need

1 Like

WHY DOES EVERY SINGLE GAME SKIP TEMPERING THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP MY BLOOD IS BOILING :fire: :fire: :fire: :dansemacabre: :fire: :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

my blood boiled so hot it stripped off all my flesh and now I’m just an angry skellington

2 Likes

cuba let me tell you about the time I looked up the use of an unusual quenching medium in the Witcher 3 and found that there was some precedent for it historically but was prepared to just go “eh, whatever, fantasy world” anyway but in the process discovered someone else being mad about this unusual quenching medium online and saying a bunch of wrong shit in their madness and so in the end I was irritated by someone else being an obnoxious pedant wrong

P E A K S H R U G

7 Likes

Was it that guy who says he puts a drop of his daughter’s blood in the tempering water every morning

nah it’s the lady using the dwarf as a front who wants some acid

selectbutton.net
in the end I was irritated by someone else being an obnoxious pedant wrong

3 Likes

When I see a blacksmith just slamming away at cold metal in a video game I just assume they were browsing fantasy twitter on their phone right before our hero walked in and needed to look busy fast

11 Likes

I feel called out. I feel the whole forum and everyone that has ever posted has been called out.

4 Likes

I prefer to think of it as a shout-out.

I like this thread. The Moon Fields is on itch.

4 Likes

I so want a shrugmade smithing game. The froth is real

3 Likes

This is a somewhat addictive action game that I am really terrible at (also realizing I have a thing for purple and green color palettes)

I picked this game up a couple weeks ago and played it till I got stuck. I’m not 100% sure I’ll go back to it now that my memory of how to do things is already decaying, but it moves nicely and has some really clever puzzles. (This one’s $4)

1 Like

I absolutely demand this be played at Buttcon '18

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I don’t know how to make game + this hypothetical game would probably be tuned toward tedious + boring?

I mean a Microsoft Smithing Simulator 2000 would be such a granular replication of a more or less easily available physical activity it’d be hard not to make the case that you shouldn’t just smith the shit in real life

…and yet, the Steam sales charts say,

2 Likes

That can be interesting though! I just wanna learn something and get The Experience without getting my hands dirty or using my bulging and not at all atrophied muscles. It’s like car mechanic simulator: I don’t care about cars in real life but in the videogame world they are interesting objects