SB2 Mario Maker World Jam

@Mr_Mechanical 's levels:

I feel like you’re a big fan of World 7-7 from Super Mario Bros. 3, lots of “dash through while invincible” parts all over these levels haha, it feels really good though~

World 1-2 was a bit frustrating because of how trampolines here are carry-able items. I don’t think they were in SMB3? I thought that was only a thing in World? So doing the bouncy jumps was a bit of a hassle without accidentally grabbing the trampolines, but honestly I feel that’s Mario Maker’s fault >__> I don’t super get what the P-Switch is for, other than allowing you to get a slight shortcut at that maze segment

World 1-3 was fun,I like that there are multiple paths, but I found the lower path less exciting and engaging, I really like bouncing on the Bullet Bills on the top path and getting 1ups that way. I think it gives players something interesting to do while waiting for the autoscroll!!

I really liked Larry’s Lair!! I usually don’t like Snake Block segments, but I really like that you gave players a way to skip it with some tight platforming, and I really like that even if you fail that, you can save yourself with the Donut Blocks at the bottom and wait for the Snake Block in safety, but also in shame. I like how Donut Blocks are used in this level in general.

@bib 's levels:

CLICK FOR SPOILERS bc spoiler tag wasn't working in this paragraph for some reason??

these are so hard!! despite that, I was having a really good time!! I really enjoyed A DELIVERY FROM DADDY and I really like that initial segment of BRIDGE TO DADDY’S TOWER that you have to go under the platform to proceed. I really enjoyed the “a-ha!” moment I had when I realized I could get the mushroom and still proceed through the level by having the mushroom slide across that under-platform segment while following behind it, then nabbing it once I reached that Donut Block. DADDY’S TOWER…? is also really fun!

UNCLE’S BACKYARD HUT??? is where I got way too frustrated and quit lol I have no idea how to do the boss battle at the beginning consistently, he keeps blocking Buzzy Beetles from coming my way. Once I got through it by sort-of-luck, I lost all my lives at the Monty Mole segment and I just didn’t have it in me to do the boss battle again

1 Like