SB game idea megathread

as someone who kinda works in safety, this is giving me even MORe of a heart attack than normal

1 Like

so, Tony Hawk’s Power Shovel?

Yes but instead of a pop/punk soundtrack it’s all just ambient

Battle Construction Vehicles might be the closest we’ve got:

a rare case where I wish Artdink went easy on the personality and let it be sparser

2 Likes

A game where the lemmings band together to destroy the hand that forces them into occupations and certain doom

2 Likes

I just got cross threaded like an old bolt!

Lemmings: Revenge of the Proletariat does sound pretty sweet. Should be a free browser game.

1 Like

burger may cry:

burgertime character action game full of fanservice for “burger nerds.” commentary on factory farming and the notion of nutrition in the 21st century

8 Likes

i dreamed about a walking simulator game about an airplane pilot who did acid while flying the plane and crashed it, killing his co-pilot and leaving all the passengers missing. he’s on an island and he’s talking to himself about how sorry he is, he killed a bunch of kids

the resulting fandom of the game has treated it like a cult classic indie visual novel. people on tumblr are drawing fanart of the plane crasher with a red nose, shipping him and a cat you can find on the island

8 Likes

I dreamt of a top-down adventure game/RPG for the NES. The main area I remember was a dirty, brown cave system with lots of bones strewn about. Most tiles could be inspected, each of which had full songs as musical cues, and unique first-person artwork and flavor text to go with it. I marveled at the hangoutitude of a game that’s always inviting you to stop for a couple minutes to listen to a song — not to mention the marvelous, wasteful extravagance of it all.

(All the music I remember was from Castlevania 2 for Game Boy.)

At the very least, I could see this being a novel (and optional) interface for a chiptune album.

4 Likes

shenmue style adventure game where you wander around a small but intricately detailed cyberpunk slum neighborhood and just talk to people and feed cats and shit. instead of the classic cyberpunk Shoot People game its just about how people survive in the cracks of such a fucked up society

5 Likes

I really wish we had a translation of this game:

2 Likes

single-player subscription-based game that takes place in a single city, where your character has agoraphobia and each month you pay the subscription fee the city expands and gives you more things to do

3 Likes

Candyman: a Willy Wonka Simulator

2 Likes

game based around the feeling i get when i accidentally click something far away in google streetview and rocket all the way through an alley i didn’t even know was there and instantly lose all sense of direction

2 Likes

Haunted Bicycle On a Hillside, Desolate.

gertrude stein the video game
garry’s mod tactics

1 Like

the criterion collection: the lego videogame

slow paced shenmue style adventure game about the life of an e3 “booth babe”

queer eye builders

1 Like

Lego Being John Malkovich

4 Likes

I’ve been playing a fair bit of Final Fantasy 12, so:

A JRPG where you can program your party’s AI. Since you have limited ability to intervene directly in fights, reprogramming the AI is your primary means of adapting to bosses and the like. Many of the more interesting bits of gear and skills are, effectively, a puzzle; their behavior is eccentric enough that programming the AI so it can meaningfully use them is challenging, but doable.

Its my favorite recent final fantasy. I want to develop a massive scale war game based on the same idea. Maybe 1000 soldiers on each side, each running programs that each player can adapt in real time if they want to.

1 Like