SB game idea megathread

a game that requires you to use every Rock Band instrument, a dancepad, a kinect and a physical pachinko machine simultaneously

to unlock the true ending you must upload a video of you crying while eating a bowl of ice cream and send it to the developers

1 Like

shenmue 3

1 Like

TF2, but with the cast and signature moves of street fighter 2, and no weapons or items

basically a team shooter crossed with a 3d brawler

an la noire-like about medieval tax collection

a racing game set in myst

a competitive game with an active userbase, touchscreen controls and realtime elements? will this ever be viable?

a metrovania with super meat boy controls

space invaders x arkanoid x TNNS with tower defense elements themed around gardening

a cyoa built around a single dialogue tree (compare + contrast with Galatea)

1 Like

A N A R C H Y R E I G N S

2 Likes
  1. a ‘Cave-Noire’ set in Feudal Japan
  2. a (3D) ‘Metal Slug’ without the Slug
  3. an ‘Azure Dreams’ with multiple ‘Towers/Towns’ (not all owned by you…) + heavier Dating-Sim elements…
  4. a ‘Roman Empire’ sim (not in the vain of Age) [controlling taxes+such, not just military]
  5. a ‘Real-World’(not the show) Star Fox
1 Like
  • The New Doom re-imagined as a 90’s SNES anime FMV fighting game
  • a jrpg where the protagonist doesn’t end up with whoever the most milquetoast boy/girl in the party is
  • Being John Malkovich as a VR game, where John Malkovitch watches your life through VR goggles.
1 Like

Here here, even Lancers need love

• a JRPG where the protagonist ends up with a boy
3 Likes

Haven’t there been a few of those already though? Not that more wouldn’t be fine.

Probably, but Rome: Total War (I.E. no taxes) is the only one I recall, off-hand…

There are definitely taxes.

Then, some other minute detail…(yes, I know about Civ.)

And don’t get me started on taxes being minute (no, I am not a ‘Trump-ette’…)

first person virtual reality tetris, you are every block as it falls

2 Likes

I was mainly thinking the Caesar line of games, which is kinda sorta Simcity: Rome as I understand it.

• A JRPG where you’re forced into one gender randomly at the beginning of the game and the only way to actually gain better stats is by wearing equipment coded for the opposite gender, the final boss is your parents that refuse to accept you for who you are
2 Likes

Well, then, cut that one? - eh?

The opening is like an old school Sierra adventure game. You are a thirty something guy at a party. Eventually you encounter a friend who tells you Sarah is dead. You go out onto the apartment balcony and vomit over the railing.

The vomit falls downding past apartment windows, the building slowly, dissolving away to the texture of a 16 bit palm tree, muted grey sky now bright and colorful. The vomit lands, the puddle of brown muck rising and blink it’s eyes as it takes form: our adventure island style protagonist caveman bob.

You beat the first stage and proceed to the world map. World 1 has ten stages. At the end of these you defeat the dino boss who promptly flies off with the princess.

“This game is dumb” says Sarah. The graphics are early ps1 polygons. You turn to her with pixilated eyes and tell her “you’re dumb.” A quest begins, both of you rpg party members seeking out the needed materials for your social studies project on Africa.

…something like that

I would like this silly movie: The Game

2 Likes

an usagi yojimbo game that plays like last blade 2

4 Likes