Sayonara America, Sayonara Nippon - '70—'80s Japanese Music

another glimpse in the wild, clips from Souvenir the Movie - Mariya Takeuchi Theater Live from 2018 (I think the performance is from 2000, though?) which I think is also in the middle of another limited run. Must be the only recorded duet performance of Plastic Love, as well?

same take seems to be here in its audio entirety, I had seen this thumbnail before but dismissed it as solo take or a spliced together edit that has floated around

Jun Aoyama on Drums & Kouki Ito on Bass, seemingly, too.

Nice.

powerful energy give us strength

1 Like

stick around 'till 2:40
1 Like

She still performs live a lot. I got to see her perform in Tokyo.

1 Like

I saw Oginome Yoko perform Roppongi Jouhou as a grunge song last month and I guess i am going to chase that high for the rest of my life but the production on the music video version is nuts.

You doesn’t have most of what I like because record companys hate uploads but it isn’t cool enough to be put up regularly. So have my 5th choice which is the B Side of this:

1 Like

Haruomi Hosono - Live at The Mayan, Los Angeles (2019-06-03)
audio is not good here, but you can see his contemporary personage on american soil with your own digital eyes

1 Like

man I just love it when the cover looks the way the music sounds

2 Likes

this upload of the album has a blip at 22:05 of horrible digital noise
i made my own upload which essentially muted that tiny bit of audio - not perfect, but god that blip was annoying
someone else had the same idea, though:

and their version is sourced from CD instead of vinyl (like your link and my upload)

ANYWAY THIS ALBUM IS GREAT OK

cool

1 Like
1 Like

I have news:

oh damn there’s more what a treat

1 Like

damn tats cops already took down that new live stuff.

the hell is this wow

damn Jeff Baxter plays on this

https://mega.nz/#!KYVG0AbC!qtNvUnU5Ls7eNs850UKpK4Y1FUATX29zrJlOVSqUjuQ
Maxell Promo - http://sound.jp/sugarbabe/video.htm