/// S Y N T H W A V E \\\

we need more synthwave linked around here, the 80s sound that never died

1 Like
2 Likes

anyway

2 Likes

I havenā€™t filled up on this soundtrack in a year

I think The Diogenes Club is the only 80s-affect act Iā€™ve taken to. Tbh I didnā€™t even realize that was their formal reference point until a few years down the line. A lot of these 80s throwback pieces have super boring monotonous basslines that put too much stock in ā€œconvincing soundā€ and sheer buzziness to do all the work, but one half of TDC is a bassist, and it really shows in the chromatic flexibility of many songsā€™ basslines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGME6jCwqw0

2 Likes
1 Like

I dunno if this counts as synthwave. But thought I should link it here, somewhere:

1 Like

My song of the moment (actually both songs):

(And also his two newest songs, which are free to download.)

1 Like

I really love his stuff. I own the Signal and Reality Check on vinyl, but everything else I have dug through on Spotify. Such good stuff.

Oh hey, I forgot we had a thread. If anyone elseā€™s interests happen to line up perfectly, this is pretty good:

1 Like

1 Like

A new release that Iā€™ve been listening to:

1 Like

some neat stereo imaging and glitchy stuff, reminds me a bit of 2methyl

1 Like

sorta appreciate the way the goth vocals are balanced out by very chirpy, almost videogamey keyboard parts

an older perturbator track, but one of his best i think (iā€™m also fond of the collaborations with Hayley Stewart/Dead Astronauts). i find myself appreciating it more each time i listen to it.

Are there any write-ups anywhere about how it seems to be quite common for vaporwave artists to be anonymous and potentially be releasing music under multiple pseudonyms? Often, even a lot of the ā€˜labelsā€™ that sell physical releases for multiple artists donā€™t seem to have an internet presence outside of a twitter account.

Iā€™m not even quite sure how to frame the question but a lot of the presentation seems very surreal, performative, and intentionally mysterious.

I was listening to this track today when little fragments of a long lost pleasant memory partially surfaced

Seemed a fitting thing to have happen while listening to Eccowave.
Itā€™s a really nice track.