Roguelight and Windowframe

I seem to remember some discussion (or at least mention) of Roguelight in the old forums, but probably buried in long threads. If you haven’t tried it, I recommend it.

You might guess from the name that it’s one of those once-you-die-you’re-dead games, but you get upgrades between your (quick) attempts and it’s not difficult to become somewhat proficient after a few tries. It’s one of my favorite indie games of the past few years.

Daniel Linssen also just created a game called Windowframe for Ludum Dare. In this one, you are a vampire hunter and can use your stakes to manipulate the frames of the game’s window. It’s a clever idea. My only problem with the game is that I’m no good at wall-jumping with my left hand while using the mouse with my right hand.

Linssen has other games that are worth a look as well:

https://managore.itch.io/

1 Like

What I neat idea! I’ll certainly try both of these out.

I bought roguelight on itchio (wario’s lesser known associate) and maybe one day I’ll remember to play it! Glad to see people talking about it. It has a really cute look to it.

I remember me and vision playign it, at least. I tihnk it’s pretty nice!

I saw a bug vine of this and it was pretty great, didn’t know what he was actually trying to have happen till this thread.

just played roguelight for a few hours, got all the upgrades except the last health / quiver

it’s ok! the gameplay loop starts to grate though. running around in the dark with no arrows is kinda thrilling though

anyone know what to do about the boss?

Gotta light all the big lanterns in its area, IIRC.

oh true. so the mode where he’s coming for you from the start, you gotta just blitz down there before he kills you?

Linux-runable or no?

No issues in wine, at least.

Ace!