Rez Infinite (and Virtual Reality in General)

I picked up some move controllers and played through Deracine! it’s really beautiful and restrained. it’s sooo FromSoft but nice to have a ‘soft’ game from them.

3 Likes

Pretty sure it’s called Superhot VR because you’re dripping with sweat ten minutes after you started playing

1 Like

I got SUPERHOT VR because I fully understand why it is The Canonical VR Game. What other PC-based VR games are must-plays? Or at least demonstrate interesting paradigms in movement and interaction?

Eg, Pavlov’s combination of out-of-body locomotion with teleportation is aesthetically jarring but is a neat solution to a conflict between mechanics and ergonomics that many games entirely side-step.

2 Likes

Sprint Vector is the other one

1 Like

I gave my Rift to my brother and got a Rift S. It is much more comfortable and convenient. They had Lenovo manufacture it which appears to be why they could just straight-up copy the PSVR headband design. The tracking with cameras in the headset is better and the LCD, though a single QHD panel, is much crisper, to where I can comfortably use virtual desktop and read text in Elite. The stereoscopic passthrough camera is perfect for anything more than 6” from your nose.

We are gonna dig into the multiplayer hijinks and comedy potential, but also space sims tbh.

I was going to pick up Sprint Vector but it appears to have no multiplayer population, as is the fate of all non-free multiplayer VR things.

I Expect You To Die has a gorgeous Saul Bass-style credit sequence that makes me want more plain animation to watch.

I got To The Top, Sairento (which appears to be Revengeance in VR, RIP my inner ear), and Budget Cuts, will report back.

once again I get to say in response to you that I bought the early version of your product that later became successful!

yeah I like my lenovo explorer a lot still. it was so cheap before the rest of these were cheap! and the tracking just works!

1 Like

It’s a shame that you can’t find them with the controllers anymore. I think most of the MR headsets are “out of print.”

Hopefully the Rift S gets cheap when the Index ships. I love the idea of knuckles controllers but it’s a steep cost to track six infrequently used digits.

It’s odd that the Quest doesn’t just let you plug it in to a PC, and sad that many Quest owners are setting up HEVC streams of Steam VR games.