RESIDENT EVIL....

stars was made possible by a grant from the umbrella corporation

6 Likes

, they shout after no-knock blasting down your door

3 Likes

i mean either makes sense to get heavy handed about Canon in this wqcky ass series, but uhh after mysteriously losing a number of field employees in the arklay mountains

They lost a bunch of employees a week ago.

Booji and I were howling with thar Bullet Points website last week. It was delightful to read Gamerā€™s Quarter navel gazing in 2019.

as much as I love this clause I am obliged to point out that this is one of those things that makes much more sense in Claire A / Leon B

1 Like

also interesting to note how much of resident evil 1.5 is really in this game. zombie dismemberment, forcing their way into the police station from outside, following you from room to room - were all scrapped mechanics when the reality of ps1 hardware set in

3 Likes

I just thought the new Rookie had to wear the Rookie Goon Uniform for a year so the other cops could make fun of him!

1 Like

leonā€™s outfit is based on the 70s S.W.A.T. outfits Peter and Roger wore in OG dawn of the dead so leon is all barnied out in his S.W.A.T. outfit first day on the job.

5 Likes

yeah in my headcanon itā€™s just because leon is a big nerd

2 Likes

ā€œYou said the virus turned people into monsters. Not reptiles!ā€

Leonā€™s adorable whining has become the quote of the month between me and my wife

2 Likes

that and the part where the journalist is in jail and leon is like ā€œwell Iā€™m SURE he had a good reasonā€

heā€™s such a dope and I love it, the writing in this game is pitch perfect

2 Likes

Journalist: ACAB

Leon: Well I need to ask the chief first!

3 Likes

I love how brisk and yet still more challenging the second run is

itā€™s like 90 minutes in and Iā€™ve already met Jackie O (and got an upgraded magnum which I couldā€™ve easily missed before the first boss) in part because I have to keep moving so much earlier

3 Likes

I consider not having the cutscene of mr. x getting dropped in by chopper a mark against the remake. You shouldnā€™t have to have knowledge of the original to know whatā€™s going on. Heā€™s even more constant and threatening in this one so him being just unexplained while being different enough from everything else is weird.

3 Likes

Ah, B Leon was the only run I had left to see before writing that post.

Is Mr X faster in B? Sure feels like it.

Yeah I donā€™t know how they detailed or referenced pretty much everything else, and left that scene out at the very least. I canā€™t remember how itā€™s explained in-game heā€™s not only there to ex but also get a G-sample since Hunkā€™s Team funked up.

I wouldā€™ve preferred his presence only to be very minor if at all during the A game. It originally made the following run more unique along with all the other zapping system changes (items left in equipment locker, area changes, poison in the lab, etc)

With how much attention was given making X a bit like Nemesis, Iā€™m curious how theyā€™d up 3ā€™s intensity now. He could originally show up semi-randomly but also run and gun rocket launch ya. Imagining that with a more detailed comb and surprise! mufukka across a more layered/wider Raccoon. Sounds awesome.

3 Likes

I think heā€™s slightly faster and there are supposed to be two of them?

idk I just got to the sewers in B (with barely 2 hours on the game clock and the whole station cleared out and Iā€™m not even trying to rush, this rules) so Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s done with for now

definitely running all the way out of ammo more often too but the game is very good about keeping you in business

canā€™t imagine I wonā€™t finish this tomorrow night, the whole NEST sequence would have to be like 40 minutes at most at this rate

Leon is definitely funnier than Claire

Iā€™m honestly not sure how spare Iā€™d be finding the storytelling in this without knowledge of the original; so much of it is self-evidently the way it is because it just is that Iā€™m not sure whether Iā€™d have needed them to explain why thereā€™s a terminator robot chasing me around on top of everything else

A creepy coaterminator needs no explanation to unnerve, antagonize, but entirely unacknowledged by the rest of the script aside from Leon and Claire going ā€œ!!!ā€ while everything else gets some words, is just why??? Plenty of people would wonder.

Could be theyā€™re incorporating something for the dlc stuffs en route. Things like the mayorā€™s daughter will be newly defined.