REDACTED [Takenobu Mitsuyoshi Remix] - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Thread Extended

Can’t you just like jump out of it though? Or roll away? There’s no way you’re getting full damage with that move against a competent player unless you broke their shield or otherwise have them in an already compromised position. More of a zoning tool than anything I think.

Yeah, it feels like it goes fast enough just to get a few nicks in to be worth it because movement is pretty free in Smash. If anything it’s better used as a smoke screen for ambiguous mixups.

6 Likes

I demand henceforth to be referred to as “Croco Rococo”

3 Likes

User title material?

I wouldn’t underestimate how much latency + that weird held input buffer contribute to you feeling this way

I played ultimate against coworkers like a month ago and I was just like, absolutely wrecking people and all of my combos were going correctly and it was just such a different experience from online that I haven’t played online since

(that said I haven’t really…played at all…since)

1 Like

You can, but if you manage to grab someone in the middle of the cloud and get a couple pummels in, that’s like 0-to-70-or-whatever in an instant. And then you still have a throw left

2 Likes

What if Fusion Samus

weight/speed ratio somewhere between Samus and Zero Suit, with wall cling like Greninja, Ice missiles… something else???

Would be a good excuse to overhaul Samus’s kit to be less NES-Metroid-centric. Maybe get Shinespark in there somewhere. Power bombs?

Replace charge shot with essentially Fox blaster

1 Like

Charging up to get a wave beam that passes through everything including scenery would be pretty neat.

I always feel like their original implementation of samus was half hearted and it should have been something more like this

1 Like

« Oeil au beurre noir » means « black eye » so « oeuf au beurre noir » is some surprisingly high quality pun

Meanwhile « Qui Sheikah eteins la lumiere » is an absolutely awful pun ( I like it ) and « Primate with a tie » is a weird reference to a French pop song from the late 90’s

7 Likes

oh my god I wish I could potion this twice this is PERFECT

But he said leave me alone, I’m a salary man
And my bark is much worse than my bite
He said leave me alone, I’m a salary man
But if you push me too far I just might

1 Like

Plant’s downB should ledge tether

3 Likes

I’ve been playing this with my buddy weekly and he’s been beating me recently, so I thought I’d practice online a bit. I’m now in Elite Smash with Incineroar and Young Link. Most of the matchups feel doable with Young Link, but man does Incineroar have some bad ones. The buff to his recovery has helped, but he’s combo food to some characters.

It still mostly feels doable though. A few good reads/reactions, and you can make crazy comebacks. I killed a poor Piranha Plant at 48% last night with an Incineroar back throw. The revenge buff made it do over 60 damage. Felt dirty after that one.

1 Like

My Young Link is not good enough to hang in Elite Smash.

Show me your moves?

7742-9938-9284

Sent a request! I just barely made it into Elite; only picked up Young Link last week, and had to play a lot of him to get Elite last weekend. There’s so many characters that I just get destroyed sometimes when I don’t know the matchup. And even within a matchup, sometimes they choose weird options and I don’t get a read on them in the course of a 3 stock match.

If I’m on it’s usually in the evening, EST. Let me know if your schedule/time zone ever overlaps with that; we probably have to coordinate through here since the Switch literally gives you no way to communicate.

I’m on the opposite coast, but if you can play at around 9pm your time we can probably make that work.

I also do nothing most weekends.

I’m enjoying maining ness a lot and I feel like I’m getting pretty decent with him.

I’ll try to remember to post my friend code here when I get home.

Really been enjoying watching tournament level play of this game. I feel like they really knocked it out of the park. It’s got a few sort of janky things about it but it’s easily the best smash game since melee imo. I actually prefer many things about it to melee too.

1 Like

It’s way more approachable than Melee and it doesn’t hurt my hands nearly as much. Tournaments are really fun because there’s a ton of variety, in contrast to Melee’s relatively stagnant cast. It’s a cool game!

3 Likes