Rainbow Six Siege is the best hero shooter and best milsim

hellllllll

we should play

we should all play!

LET THE SB DISCORD GAYMERS RIDE AGAIN!

Iā€™m deffo up for it! Iā€™m available Mon through Wed all day. Time donā€™t matter. The rest of the week Iā€™m at my girlfriendā€™s so no sieging then. Until they come out with Siege Mobile!

huh. we could do some monday night games or somesuch.

1 Like

Busy tonight, but Iā€™m certainly interested in trying this with SB folks in the future!

I think a big part of this is that the gameā€™s transaction/service model is actually very reasonable and it continues to make a fair amount of money that they can put back into it. whether you pay $15 or $150 or somewhere in between, the only difference is how many characters you get to choose from without having to earn them through in-game XP ā€“ you always have access to all of the levels and all of the loadout options ā€“ and because the gameā€™s approach to teamwork is so flexible and there arenā€™t very many real hard counters, youā€™re not meaningfully disadvantaged by only having four or five or six characters to choose from, itā€™s just a matter of how many playstyles you want to try. which is further incentivized and taught by having to learn to go up against all of the characters you might not be allowed to play as yet.

they really did good on this.

1 Like

Turns out Iā€™m only going to my girlfriendā€™s tomorrow so I could play today/tonight as well. Just a heads up if anyone is interested

uh, youā€™re like 9 hours up on me, right? my workweek is kind of screwed up but might not be that screwed upā€¦

1 Like

Well itā€™s 6:37 pm for me right now so I donā€™t knowā€¦ But itā€™s no big deal for me, Iā€™m unemployed, yay! Just tell me a time and weā€™re good!

Iā€™d love to do this, I never played with you before so that would be cool

I can probably carve out an hour or two at like 10 your time

1 Like

Awesome, Iā€™ll be there!

Iā€™m axfelix on steam if you donā€™t have me already, I think we can become ubisoft friends (where I am axfelix7) from there

Iā€™m B_B_P_ on uplay, if that helps

I donā€™t have it on Steam

Sent you a uplay request

sorry I missed you today! I got a gap in work earlier than expected then I had to get back to it after you were ready. We should have better luck on the weekend

In the meantimeā€¦

I bought this yearā€™s pass lol, itā€™s nine characters for $25! thatā€™s a great deal!

Anyone on here play Siege on XBONE? I find the experience a little better because on PC you get domed in a millisecond if you get caught peeking a doorway.

i think itā€™s also the case that Ubisoft has no good backend for accomodating these long-term multiplayer projects or something. look at For Honor, pretty much sent to die with the lack of dedicated servers.

For Honor recently got dedicated servers added.

I donā€™t really understand when people talk about ā€œdedicated serversā€ in this context. Do they just mean ā€œnon-peer-hosted multiplayerā€? They canā€™t, right? No one does that anymore. Which is why it always sounds to me like people are somehow agitating for Ubi or whoever to buy a bunch of baremetal hardware as if itā€™s somehow superior to EC2

Yeah, thatā€™s what they mean. For Honor did peer-to-peer multiplayer, which is why people were agitating so hard for servers.