Rainbow Six Siege is the best hero shooter and best milsim

yeah I mean everything that’s not the regular 5v5 attack/defend mode is a distraction but that’s OK because a) the engine is good enough for distractions to still be interesting and b) the main game totally outstrips all of its contemporaries

I don’t know why it would suck, actually. The only thing missing to make this a triple A blockbuster single player game are scripted sequences. Those could suck, sure, but I don’t think the core gameplay would do badly in a singleplayer experience. Or what did you mean?

this kept crashing on quit for me and then last night it threw my computer into a boot loop and I couldn’t figure out what was going on and then I realized: the Battleye anti-tamper thing that wraps the binary does not like being run from an ext4 partition under Windows. understandably I am the only person on the planet to encounter this

1 Like

movement, gun behavior, reloading, and overall twitchiness make it just too strange for me as a military sim in the tradition of the older games. and i think it’s a bit too slow to be an interesting fast-paced arcade shooter.

i dunno, maybe i’d change my mind if ubisoft wouldn’t be such an ass and let tactical realism game mode be played through matchmaking, not just custom games.

1 Like

this is something that happened over time! i played every single free weekend and it wasn’t until maybe last summer that the game came together. some of the changes are purely technical, like fixes to the netcode to make it feel very tight and fair (and to ensure that grenades and bullet-pentration worked correctly), while others are more visible. some of the larger changes include the way bullets interact with various walls (how much panelling they take out, etc), and a huge fix to the hdr so you can eg peek outside without getting blinded by bloom if you penetrate a garage door. i always found it to be likable but its uptick in popularity happened because ubi actively worked on the game beyond bug-fixes.

1 Like

even until like early last year i think it happened that whenever you were completely prone, the legs clipped through the walls if you were tightly against it.

1 Like

Man, this game is weird when no one communicates. And I’m only playing Article 5 and terrorist hunt right now. It does not work out well! If that’s the case even in PvE wonder what PvP will be like! How would I go about finding people to play with? The RS Siege forums or what, where would you even go?

no dude

I’ve never even touched either of those modes

all you do is play the first few of the 10 “scenarios” (really a long tutorial) until you have a rough idea of the gamefeel then just jump into casual multiplayer matchmaking

1 Like

I’ll do that now

1 Like

that they worked on it to the extent they did is great, though, particularly in light of Ubisoft Montreal’s reputation for relatively terrible scoping. I’m not at all surprised that something like this doesn’t come free and I’m glad that they’re starting to get another wave of coverage in light of just how good it is now, and it does clarify for me why more people weren’t talking about it before and why the initial reviews were just so-so. I originally attributed it to tom clancy fatigue but that might’ve been me projecting.

1 Like

I have this and played through the tutorials in December but I find it very intimidating so haven’t played since!

you can play with me tomorrow night???

I wish they’d add an openly gay character so I can yell “BREACH AND QUEER” every match

1 Like

Yeah, the game was a buggy mess for the first year, with notoriously bad server stability and constant glitches during matches. This state lasted so long that, in a game that gets 4 major DLC expansions per year, one of the DLC “expansions” in its second year was dedicated just to bug fixing (appropriately named Operation Health. Admittedly the game had already shown a lot of improvement by then). I don’t know what happened during development that caused the game to launch that badly but it’s amazing that the devs were able to get to get the project funded long enough post-release to fix the game and build it into something that’s by all accounts really successful.

they are-a adding-a the italians

maestrto

Maestrto, eh

whtat

2 Likes

Chefkiss emote

1 Like

My first few matches were pretty great! I don’t remember how I did in my first match but in my second one I took like 3 kills. One was sorta stolen but it still counts, right

I was playing an anchor and the game came down to 1 vs 2. I was the last man standing and I didn’t crack under pressure, hell yeah

After I clutched it someone from my team wrote they wanted to kiss my neck. Now I know I’m playing with Europeans but that was still weird

Third game I died from a sniper through a window I hadn’t even known was there before the game even started properly.

I feel like these matches are representative of my entire experience so far

It’s real easy to get wiped due to inexperience

Game is addictive af

2 Likes

i bought this, it is currently downloading, i am sure i will never have time to play it!!! but i’ll make the time!!!

2 Likes