Quick Questions XIV: A Question Reasked (Part 1)

Yeah, it can be fun for a while depending on how much you end up liking the battle system. I know 2 and 3 are pretty well-revered, not sure which is generally considered the better of the two, though.

There’s a DS remake of the first one that has a fan translation if you feel like going that route. I haven’t played it, my experience is just with the GBA games.

https://forums.therockmanexezone.com/rockman-exe-operate-shooting-star-translation-proj-t4427.html

1 Like

in yakuza 6 and kiwami 2 there are no turn off random encounter items, only reduced encounter rate items. is 7 the same way?

I don’t remember getting something in 7 until very late in the game if ever but they’re pretty avoidable

I remember in kiwami 2 and 6, it got pretty easy to just run using the dash.

absolutely yes, and the best are 3 and 6. you can reasonably skip the first one unless you’re really into the plot but there are 2 distinct styles of the game and both of those games are the best of each style

2 Likes

I don’t want to run and be thinking about avoiding this stuff though I want to just walk around leisurely while I’m gambling or playing darts or taking pictures of ghosts. also I’m trying to think about how insane 7 is going to drive me and if I should just get somebody’s 100% save if there’s no late game encounter shut off thing anyway

i’m playing Nocturne HD remaster and it reminded me that i wanted to buy a cool Nocturne longsleeve i’d seen people share around here before. anyone have that link?

1 Like

This thing?

Shit, I could make something way cooler.

1 Like

Fangamer going from legally distinct inspiration to screen printing key art and logos for $40 is kind of sad

3 Likes

astronaut meme but with “it’s all hot topic?”

6 Likes

buying 5 out of spite

but yeah i found that one too and i guess it is that one but i remember it being slightly cooler in my head

If you’re a fashionable person I can totally see rocking it but just in general I liked when the starmen.net kids were a little more creative. I guess Undertale probably flushed them with cash.

1 Like

Why didn’t they have the demon graphic pattern from the protagonist’s jacket running down the sleeves? That’s like, at least one shirt idea, and then another could’ve been the demifiend tattoos, shirts for the kotowari, etc.

All stuff I could do and probably print up for a bit less than Fangamer is charging, but it wouldn’t be legal so it’d have to be on the down-low.

I’m hoping Sony and Zener Works have slept on Okage long enough that I can get away with selling these without them noticing and making like $60 off of the handful of Okage fans left.

I had to recreate all of the glyphs for this because even the images ripped directly from the disc were super low quality and had a blurriness to them that didn’t take well to being AI upsized.

9 Likes

Willing to bet no one would be wiser at teespring and unless you’re a Disney lawyer cracking down on bootleg Elsa birthday cakes to tax Kroger it’s definitely not worth to collect

(I will pay $60 for one as an ignominious Okage fan)

1 Like

could be that Jon Kay carries the bulk of the original work and he’s only got so much output

1 Like

Poor guy shares a name with the Yalie that used dog shampoo too

3 Likes

i mean i’m down to buy people’s bespoke shirts for sure, but yeah, the Nocturne shirt would definitely fit with a lot of the other gothy “adult hot topic fashion” kind of thing i wear sometimes

1 Like

Bespoken Faux Tee

Is the Nocturne Switch port the way to go? Saw it marked down to $35. Could also emulate it if the quality of life features aren’t there.

pc ideally, though switch is fine
id sooner recommend hd over ps2 for skill selection and raidou

1 Like