Quick Questions XIV: A Question Reasked (Part 1)

I dunno looks pretty unanimous to me

11 Likes

oh hey

1 Like

hell yeah. itā€™s good!

2 Likes

yeah the soundtrack is what attracted me to these games, into the y2k soul hackers vibe

4 Likes

Would anyone recommend playing Koudelka? Iā€™ve been seeing some screenshots recently and it looks great, but wondering if Iā€™d be better off just looking at some lets plays.

Can anyone identify the cameo characters in the second panel of this Bomber Girl comic?

I know the Moai head, Takosuke (octopus), and Koitsu (blue guy on paper airplane) on the left are from Gradius/Parodius.

Sirius (white helmet with blue eyes) from Bomberman 64 is at middle bottom.

Saki Nijino from Tokimeki Memorial is the blue haired girl in the middle top.

The blonde haired girl with purple ribbons is Madoka and the blue machine at the bottom right is Twinbee, from Twinbee.

Iā€™m not sure about the rest though. I think the two people at the top left are from a beltscoller, right?

(Bombergirl somehow probably has more appreciation for Konamiā€™s history than anything else the company puts out right now, even Super Bomberman.)

This is technical, but does anyone know how to update CIAngel on a 3DS with cfw. I think the problem is I need to update the url/domain where CIAngel downloads its files from, but iā€™m not sure how or what that domain isā€¦ or if this isnā€™t a process thatā€™s been busted and no longer works in general.

the octopus with a headband is from parodius

Thatā€™s, uh, not a headband. Think more anime (click only if you can bare the truth).

6 Likes

aw son of a bitch they did it again

5 Likes

Yuri and Brad from Mystic Warriors

Edit: the pacman-eyed dude to Bradā€™s right is Tooru-kun from ā€œNew Employee Tooru-kunā€, and the cocaine gremlin below him is from a bishi bashi spin-off, it would seem.

3 Likes

DD winsā€¦ thanks for the input yā€™all. I will try to get to Outward eventually though.

2 Likes

iā€™m pretty sure outward is good butā€¦ dragonā€™s dogma is dragonā€™s dogma

Can someone explain why they voted Dragonā€™s Dogma? Always looked profoundly generic at a distance and I never saw it discussed around here

itā€™s one of those abnormally openminded japanese interpretations of a western RPG, with very generous and unique combat mechanics and party management

aesthetically it is terrible, and terrible in a uniquely PS3-era way, but itā€™s remarkably chewy and has a strange flavour

12 Likes

a fun game but might not be worth bothering with now that the sequel is currently under heavy development at squeenix

2 Likes

huh? i thought it was a capcom game

1 Like

Japes

1 Like

INFRA!

2 Likes

INFRA might be the most Nordic game Iā€™ve ever played, itā€™s adorably straightforward

I gave it 3 hours and it didnā€™t work for me; I needed a lot more agency to really get into the role or a better narrative. Itā€™s probably best to think of it as an down-to-earth lock-and-key adventure game implemented as a Half-Life 2 mod.

1 Like