Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

I’m not sure if they check all your boxes, but the Front Mission Games check a lot of them. In particular Front Mission 3 is literally a tactics RPG from PSX era Squaresoft.

Everybody is in giant robots though. Still, it does have a very 80s/90s Japanese SciFi anime vibe.

It’s worth taking a look? It’s super cheap if you want to play it legimitately for some reason.

this reminded me to check out if hybrid front got a translation yet (no)

I want to second this, and also mention that Front Mission 3 has the internet in it, and it’s radical. Also, I’m pretty sure you can hijack enemy mechs and harvest their parts, which is also really cool.

2-imagecapture_29042011_1718172-imagecapture_26042011_000914front_missions_3_internet
hqdefault%20(1)

9 Likes

What are the latest local multiplayer jams? I’ve gonna have family in town for leisurely hangouts so it’s time to catch up.

The last time I looked at these was in 2016 with Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Overcooked, Ultimate Chicken Horse, and Videoball.

I watched some of Laser League and that’s on the list. Crawl?? The 1.0 of Gang Beasts?

Thanks!

Regular Human Basketball is similar to Lovers and might be interesting. Sportsfriends, maybe Botolo?

I have only seen video of two of those though so you may want to investigate.

2 Likes

Some of the Jackbox party packs are a good time, especially with a lot of people. How big of a group do you have? Drawful and Fibbage are probably my favorites.

2 Likes

Tricky Towers and Wand Wars are cool too.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes if they’re into weird complexity and printed out manuals.

4 Likes

We’ll have four, one of whom is a Gen Xer who stopped playing console games in the 80s.

Definitely doing Jackbox, Use Your Words, and Keep Talking.

1 Like

did anyone else play that alone in the dark game where you had to press a button to blink your eyelids or your eyes would dry out

4 Likes

This is hopefully the only time I’m going to do this shameless thing but I’m going to mention that my recent release Koi Puncher MMXVIII has 4-player local multiplayer koi-punching–both in free mode and competitive (not on consoles though).

It is also not for everyone and you probably shouldn’t play it.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s amazing. Still waiting for it to be rediscovered by a youtuber or something and be something that get brought up constantly

2 Likes

I meam I don’t count but I championed it for years.

1 Like

Yeah man, that game where your inventory is just you looking down and seeing what is in your jacket? It’s great. I mean, I didn’t finish it, but man did it have some capital I Ideas.

Oh shit, that’s right, the whole game is a TV show with like 45 minute episodes.

Oh hey, it is ten bucks on steam? I might just pick that up and mess with it at some point because heck if i am gonna bother seeing if my 360 still works.

This is mine, and it is really good.

6 Likes

was thief 4 any good?

On the whole probably not as good as the older stuff, but I liked it. Got stuck on a “boss fight” though and that soured me enough to make me stop playing. Until then though, I think about as good a Thief game as you’re ever going to get out of the AAA crowd

It is one of those games where the first five seconds of control you commit kleptomania.

If I got halfway into Persona 4 last summer and liked the story but respect myself too much to ever dedicate 40 more hours to finishing it, is the anime a decent substitute to find out what happens to all the characters?

1 Like

watch it buddy i played this shit twice

1 Like

I do have too much self-respect to watch the anime after putting 100 hours into the game so I can’t answer your question

4 Likes