Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Can anyone recommend a decent news site for web developers? I need to link to such a site for an assignment. I guess it doesn’t really matter which one I choose, but I want to make it look as though I have taste.

You could write it just like that. It is conventional (though only really typical in modern music) to change time signatures within one chart. Many compositions will change time signatures like every other measure.

I tried googling one to show you but I realized sheet music is still heavily controlled for royalty purposes and is jealously guarded online so lol

1 Like

Is there a good file manager for Windows? I spend half my time in Windows and I want to migrate completely over from Mac OS with my next laptop purchase, but Windows Explorer is so deeply awful that it’s the one remaining part of Windows that is actually significantly worse than Mac.

I can export my qttabbar config for you, hang on

I totally agree otherwise though, this makes it semi tolerable

Think you can install it from choco

how have ms not cloned quick look yet

they did in windows 2000 and deprecated it immediately in xp

probably for security reasons

i don’t even remember the win2k thing

also: https://github.com/Microsoft/winfile

does anyone know how to get pSX how to play cdda audio?

also, are any of littlewing’s pinball games playable in any form, other than tristan on the internet archive and the console ports of golden logres?

QTTabBar helps with functionality but explorer is still too ugly. i can’t look at it. i can tolerate the look of uwp explorer but that seems to get kicked forever further down the road.

agree

I find Windows Explorer about 10x better than Finder (I have never used a folder action but I need to look at exif/IPTC data constantly)

Also the document preview is nice

1 Like

there’s something about the font rendering and UI painting in explorer that’s just awful though, it’s like a decade behind most other windows components at this point, which it probably is, otherwise they could add a toggle to reskin it to look like adobe premiere or something, which combined with QTTabBar would fix 90% of my complaints

It’s one of the only built in windows apps that’s functionally not replaceable and it’s the worst of the lot in terms of basically behaving like it did in windows 7 and looking like it did in xp.

comparing it to finder or upstream gnome is… well, it’s basically like comparing any windows XP app in 2006 to any tiger app, and most of the rest of the OS doesn’t feel that way anymore.

1 Like

plus the skittles buttons!! i seriously can’t look at it. certainly i prefer good design to bad design, but i’m not usually so much of a hard-liner as to declare something unusable primarily based on visd.

can someone make this an emote

3 Likes

when u do please don’t change the size

7 Likes

don’t listen to this man

make it bigger

7 Likes

Is there any tactical RPG that is similar to Final Fantasy Tactics in having the whole shebang - plot, characters, customization, playability, graphics, music, charm, and more - but which has a sci-fi/futuristic setting? It can be near-future, far-future, dystopia, space, apocalypse, alien world, alternate history, no humans, internet abstraction, whatever. As long it’s the comparably full package, or comes remarkably close.

Although I was basically wondering what game would let me roll out Section 9 in turn-based style…

1 Like

I know nothing about Japanese SPRGs but I thiiiiiink New XCom is the closest you’ll get in the Anglosphere?

Or like, a much quicker, more arcadey experience would be Transistor

if you want something that has a good, linear narrative, and a nice slow-burn meaty RPG design, and is sci-fi…

yeah, transistor is a good choice.

dragonfall isn’t bad either.