Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

I am looking for headphones to play PS4 with surround sound. What does anyone recommend?

I found a reference I made to something called “Lion Man” in 2012/2013. Does anyone have a clue what this is? I believe it was a comic on this here web, simple art, hand-lettered, black & white, very surreal.

JChastain’s legend will never die but basically all the weblinks have :frowning:

Intentional misgendering in that link, head’s up

Also relevant

1 Like

Yeah what the crap assholes

Woops should’ve just posted the mediafire link, apologies

that link has good background despite the misgendering (which is partially touched upon in the comments but still bad)

not sure what that tumblr link is about though

It’s Kat refusing to upload the comics + a dumb joke idk what is hard about that

just wasn’t sure how it was supposed to be relevant.
not that that’s important

In similar cases there have been a lot of posters who feel strongly about respecting people’s wishes w/r/t people taking things off the internet. I figured it would be relevant to them.

1 Like

Yeah, now that I at least remember what my stray comment was referencing and know that Kat would rather not have it around, I don’t feel that strongly about revisiting it. I remember that Space Funeral and Mastaba Snoopy (and possibly Goblet Grotto) all seemed vaguely connected to it, maybe just a shared milieu

raise your hand if you still refuse to accept that JChastain is not in fact renowned film actress, Jessica Chastain

9 Likes

There’s doubt??

So I really admire the games of Lilith Zone, and I love little weird walking simulators like that. I’ve never made a game or done 3D modeling before, but I’d love to dabble in it and maybe throw together a little walking simulator like that. I’m utterly ignorant of how to go about it though. I know that Lilith uses Unity. Is there any other software I’d need? Does anyone know any good resources for this?

Please be nice to this possibly hubristic gamenoob!

Edit: Pretty much what I want to make is a low-poly 3D environment w/ FPS controls that is an impressionistic rendering of a bunch of abandoned buildings in Florida that I urban explored 5 years ago, put together only from memories.

3 Likes

Has anyone bought a SNES mini? What are the controllers like?

Apparently you can get it to play more than just the games it comes with by using hakchi / hakchi2 which makes me a lot more interested in it.

This is incredibly easy to do in Unity, yeah. Like you wont even have to do any scripting unless you want a reset key or something. You can do basic shapes (primitives) too, though you might wanna grab a not too complex modelling program like Sketchup. People seem to dig this tutorial, though I reckon I can write a much better one: http://workshops.ko-opmode.com/

Feel free to ask me any questions! Its also pretty easy to find answers for things by searching, though it’s hard to know what to actually search for when you start of course!

2 Likes

Heck yeah, thanks! I’m going to look over that tutorial and see if I can start experimenting soon! I’ll definitely hit you up if I have questions.

1 Like

Got a bit of an oddball question/request here.

I recall some years back, likely on the previous version of SB, someone posting or linking to an image that showed a very brief story breakdown of MGS 1-4 and possibly Peace Walker that seemingly argued that the early ones were better written because of the presence of Kojima’s co-writer who was in charge of Ghost Babel, I believe Shinta Nojiri.

If anyone else remembers it, a link would be handy as I brought it up to someone but can’t really remember any of the specifics.

1 Like

Spending that time looking for the wrong person (it’s actually Tomokazu Fukushima) certainly didn’t help. Still can only find vague references to it though.

Is there a SMT game playable on the PSP that is worth playing and doesn’t have a significantly better non-PSP version?

I want to play an SMT game but I wanna do so on the bus