Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

oh god is it still okay to use the ok hand in 2019

I swear I’m brown

yeah its really obvious when someones using the ok sign in THAT WAY

I guess my thing is astral chain is not exactly a pure action game it seems to be very narrative focused and has this “detective” aspect to it, so if I’m going to be spending a lot of time not doing action things I definitely want the world design to be interesting.

that’s fair and I’m definitely discounting that aspect

I’ve had the issue where I see AC and NierA from an “action-only” viewpoint and, with Nier, I wasn’t too impressed but I came in with the wrong set of expectations and I would probably gel with it better with a re-calibration of what I want out of the experience

then again, I am also a broken gamer and I like bad things

1 Like

yeah I came to nier with similar expectations, when you start to look at it like it’s a SNES action RPG it makes way more sense.

and on hard mode the mechanics are actually much tighter than my initial impressions. but it’s an RPG so they give you countless ways to break things with clever chip loadouts.

1 Like

does anyone want an invite to the jon bernthal ghost recon beta for sept 5-8

For everyone skipping their TV’s built in app system and using an external device for apps: what do you use? how sluggish is it?

I bought my mom the original Amazon Fire stick when they first launched. It was awesome for a couple of years. But, nowadays, its SUPERRR sluggish for everything you do. Takes forever to load videos. And often sutters and pauses videos. Even though its always been set to 720p so that my TV binging mom doesn’t suck up tons of bandwidth all the time.

Nvidia Shield. No performance problems since it’s a relatively bulky and high-end one instead of a stick. I got it in order to stream games from my PC to my TV, but it also does all the usual stick-ish and TV app things.

PS4

2 Likes

how do i beat videogames when new ones come out all the time

2 Likes

used chromecasts for a few years because i generally have my phone or macbook available + my tv’s cec implementation is Actually Good and it was fine, one of the only good google things (it’s probably been cancelled as i type this; everyone involved reassigned to a messaging app etc.)

have the current 4k firestick and it seems fine and not sluggish just yet, they’re so frequently discounted to £20 or less that they’re disposable enough anyhow

Give up delete video game sites from your bookmarks don’t come up till you are numb.

Alternately why do you need to beat a video game? What magic rainbow is there for completition. To quote myself, “Bragging about beating a video game is the same as bragging about jerking off.”

is this why no one shakes my hand when we do Book of Megadrive recordings

5 Likes

How do competitive games fit into this analogy?

Would you call that “beating” the game or your competitor? Glam is specifically talking about reaching the end credits of the game patting their hands and saying I did it. I played the game.

@boojiboy7 what episode of Hinge Problems do we go over this?

Sasuaraiger previously of IC/SB talked about it:

1 Like

Was hoping for mutual masturbation!

The Wide World of Sports.

1 Like

Anyone else have an intense compulsion to buy any game they see on sale being marked down to like 90%-or-more-off, with absolutely no regard whatsoever to what the game is or how much you’d have been interested in it price notwithstanding?

It’s like, surely the shifting currents of my tastes will swing towards this title SOMEDAY, right? And I’ll be kicking myself for not buying it when it was like 75 cents or whatever back during The Sale That Got Away

2 Likes

That’s co op.

2 Likes