Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Samu-belmondian Traversals.

2 Likes

Zebecastles

2 Likes

Demon Castle Metroids

Explore’em Up

1 Like

Yeah, character action grates on me for similar communication and over-claimed territory reasons.

Stuffgets

zelda (lttp vs super metroid) was first that’s why its not a metroidvania

these are all pastavanias

also the best name for mobas is FARTS

fast action real time strategy

2 Likes

Subwayforest

3 Likes

Zeldo also isn’t sidescrolling like most metroidvania and Zelda also has the sort of openworld aspect.

Woah! I just opened this thread for the first time in a while and everyone’s arguing over the keyring term I coined in October:

I got a kick out of it sort of catching on around here, but it’s true that it requires explanation before people know what you mean by it. I think that “search action” is a better term for this because it’s more immediately clear in its meaning. Both terms serve well as a less embarrassing alternative to metroidvania though.

5 Likes

they’re just metroid-likes

symphony of the night is a metroid-like

the whole thing is fake, there’s no Castlevania in them

4 Likes

excuse me metrovanias is my term for public transportation in places that let you hide meat in the walls

14 Likes

that reminds me of the time Homeland Security called us because I was placing game tokens on the monorail

3 Likes

i’ll say it again GoonPit for goonies/pitfall ii and because they are pits full of goons

14 Likes

God damn that’s good

the term is very obviously monster mash

3 Likes

they’re called LOCKEMUPS how many times do we gotta do this

Simulated metaphors for personal growth that don’t necessarily involve numbers going up

1 Like

Weakstronger Castle Rompers

3 Likes