pulled through the fourth wall

No, they’re on the left side

15 Likes

that’s where the loading happens

1 Like

There’s a place here in Sedona called Tlaquepaque styled after a place in Mexico, but it’s deliberately aged the architecture falsely and cleaned it up to look nicer than the place it’s based on, so during the day (and at night especially, will try to get some photos) it looks very videogame-y in this kind of touristy, theme park way

7 Likes

i go down a long hallway to get in and out of my apartment and i think
about weird little things changing each time i go through it in a video
game context.

upgraded to the latest source engine. left 4 dead 3 test map.

3 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

Indoor storage units basically all have this vibe

5 Likes

A puzzle game set in an enchanted storage facility would be pretty cool

2 Likes

2 Likes

Imgur

7 Likes

today i went to a far away part of town i haven’t gone to in many years. on the largest avenue of the way there are many enormous wholesale deposits and car-dealers. like a good part of the road is just emptiness all around; doesn’t even look you’re still inside a city.

there’s this huge store that sells plants and seeds and gardening utensils in this area, right before apartment buildings and slum-like neighborhoods start appearing. the store’s front gate is wide and you can’t barely see the actual building through the wired walls because of the palm trees and fonts and garden sculptures. there are little gnome-statues everywhere.

i remembered that for some reason as a kid i used to look at that store and think that would be a perfect place to hide collectible items in a videogame.

1 Like

6 Likes

9 Likes

NO MORE HEROES

3 Likes

who can truly number the times they’ve been saved by toilet

2 Likes

the closest hospital is of the regular SH variety but this particular hallway is half done and spot on

the railings aren’t too tall and there’s a fall on both sides

Bonus odd vista while passing by

4 Likes

There’s a thread of abuot 7 of these on Twitter

the college building where i resat my gcse after dropping out of high school (which has since been demolished) was really weirdly designed.
like, there were parts of floors you could only get to from a higher floor. so you had to enter the building, go up three floors, walk down some corridors and then go down a floor. also i was sometimes there at night for some reason, and used to really enjoy walking down the very long empty corridors.

after that place was demolished, i went to the same college’s new building to do a games development course. it wasn’t as weirdly laid out, but the middle of the building was a huge open atrium, with lots of walkways and escalators going across at various points. it always felt like a place you could have a really cool deathmatch in.

5 Likes

Loading . . .