psychedelic games

Yeah, I remember that thing!

1 Like

there was a festival where you could play it on a huge ass movie screen with the midi controller

i just remembered there was a really cool tale of tales game (i think it was just auriea harvey who made it actually) that was a really relaxing horny tunnel game and i think it counts for this thread but UGH I CANT REMEMBER THE NAME

2 Likes

thank you!!
she let me play it at an indiecade and i think my review of it was 'FINALLY A TALE OF TALES GAME I WANT TO PLAY" and she thought that was the best review

1 Like

bwahaha

No one has mentioned another low hanging fruit: Yume Nikki, which approximates the experience of playing already-psychedelic Earthbound… on psychedelics.

3 Likes

Lovely Planet is one of the more psychedelic FPSes:

2 Likes

somebody explain Lovely Planet to me at SBCON because I truly do not understand its charms

0°N 0°W

4 Likes

NERVE DAMAGE

3 Likes

SLAVE OF GOD

I’m looking for increpare’s moire pattern game, that was real interesting

edit: there she is
RUSH TO FIND
https://www.increpare.com/2010/11/rush-to-find/

3 Likes

if this thread gets long enough I’ll start self-promoting, I love playing with these aggressive colors and flashing

2 Likes

HELL YEAH SLAVE OF GOD IS MY FAVORITE GAME OF HIS next to the game where you play as a serial killer and the whole puzzle is trying to bore into someones head to lobotomize them correctly

TRANQUILITY

it was a weird procedurally generated platforming music hidden object game, it used to release a new level like every day and it started as a tech demo for george wood voice SILICON GRAPHICS COMPUUUUUUUUUTERS

2 Likes

I played a little bit of it. It looks awesome and has fun sound but the gameplay is so thin I was done after like 20 min.

SONGS OF THE LOST

it looks like it was made for an art festival, my laptop wont run it!! but the visuals in the video make me curious
OH AND ITS FREE

2 Likes

Johnny 1-36 (2003-2014)

kimberly kubus had charles manson energy

the person who did the playthrough of this is bad. which is sad

3 Likes

OH SHIT QUITE SOULLESS!!! i almost forgot about vasily zotov

firefox_FpYE7w5alV

Hello!
I am the mental patient (schizophrenic) without any human rights has escaped from the mental ward in Russia, and have not had any human rights like drive the car and manage the property, this is my anime about mental isolation ward (created in the most pieces 2006-2008), also I was subject to the chemical castration.
Russia started to give away the international travel documents to the mental patients as the democracy goes on and I went to the USA, there my asylum was denied and now I am subject to deportation back to the mental ward in Russia as of removal order of 7-15-2010 signed by indescent judge Isabel Bronzina.
Also I want to mention crazy nazi bitches US attorneys Sandra Anderson and Anwer Khan, and I remember attorney is smiling and saying in the end ‘So you have no prove that you do not have any sort of psychosis’. I was saying in the court that I am not mentally sick, and I had the document of american doctor Bitar that my russian diagnosis was all 10 years wrong.

his games are all inscrutable, but they all come with walkthroughs so you can finish them

5 Likes

pothead (1996)

1 Like

I feel we’re getting psychedelic and surreal mixed up a bit in this thread

1 Like

i feel like they’re connected enough BUT ITS NOT MY THREAD

theres definitely a concrete definition of psychedelia but the third and fourth definitions in the OP melt into surreal territory
but sorry vasily zotov probably doesnt count

1 Like