pro wrasslin'

Yeah, ROH’s part of the SuperCard made me real glad I never bothered with ROH much outside of that (NJPW’s part of the card was defintiely enjoyable), and then combining it with all the other wrestling I watched over that weekend meant the next thing I watched was MITB this past weekend and that was…OK. Not great, but not bad.

I will probably check out some of the BOSJ matches this weekend though. Any other good ones to watch?

i watched MITB too and the men’s ladder match was probably one of the more fun/chaotic ive seen of that kind. too bad about the ending. :roll_eyes:

for BOSJ, the Shingo/Sho match from the first night is still high up there. Sho vs. Dragon Lee from Night 3 is great, Romero vs. Osprey on Night 6 was great, Taguchi vs. Douki on Night 4 was good, Grisham vs. Titan Night 7 was good. i liked the Eagles/ELP Bullet Club on Bullet Club match but i think one of the small wrestling joys i love is heels being jerks to kid fans and ELP has been on that grind all tour

1 Like

also

come back soon Hiromu <3

Seriously. It was a lot of fun before that.

Like I know Vince has a thing for Brock. We get it. But why doesn’t he get that Brock doesn’t need a belt or a suitcase or anything? He can just show up every once in awhile, be Brock, and it would be fine. But no, now Brock has the MITB contract and ugh.

apparently the people in that match knew someone was going to do a run-in at the end but the reporting is that none of them knew it was Brock, so the annoyed reactions (especially on Randy Orton) were genuine

my hope is that they have him cash in and get it over with at this Blood Money Saudi Supershow, so i don’t have to see or hear about it. though i would hope that doesn’t entail him just ripping an already cursed Universal Championship off Seth again, nor stopping the Kofi momentum by just hoarding the WWE title for himself like the last time

a real inspired choice would have Brock lose this MITB opportunity, but, in a fit of disappointed rage, win that new Kid’s Diner Clock 24/7 Championship and fuck off from the company for a while, belt in tow, thus distracting Brock with a belt for the time being, while also burying a totally unnecessary strap in an already over-filled belt space at the same time

1 Like

if they’re going to keep having a 24/7 championship though, i hope it’s mostly confined to R-Truth posting videos on twitter trying to hide from all the Jobbers from the Main Event Shadow Realm trying to attack him

2 Likes

Shit, the 24/7 belt as the R. Truth belt would be amazing.

1 Like

I’m very happy that the shadow realm adjective from Wrestlespania has taken off

1 Like

I am in las vegas for AEW Double or Nothing. hoping i will be witness to the triumphant beginning of a true competitor to WWE and not the next TNA

4 Likes

The 24/7 belt has been wonderful so far if just for Drake Maverick’s twitter escapades surrounding it. As an actual title it’s probably worthless but as a vehicle for lowcard hijinks I think it has potential.

I’ve been following MLW for the past little bit (although at this point I’m approaching being two months behind) and it is generally a pretty fun show. WWE is very… WWE while NJPW is so “let’s always go for 2.9 count epics and kick out of everything”, and MLW seems aimed at a middle ground that just works better for me.

gotta say, seeing the NBA announcers on TNT plugging AEW and Jericho vs Omega during the Eastern conference finals was kinda surreal.

1 Like

oh yeah. glorious moment. what a show that was.

2 Likes

seems like he’s happy for the first time in years

and i gotta say, it was a genuine surprise in an era where i didn’t think we could have one. it’s not like i didn’t think he’d come to AEW eventually, but so soon, and in such a pointed way that left me wanting that weekly show. vikram i’d love to hear about the crowd, because on the broadcast it seemed like they were RED HOT for it.

it was a fantastic show, but what a closer!

and on top of all this, he’s also the guy who’s been harassing Juice during the BOSJ’s?!?

mainstream pro wrestling is…exciting and unpredictable again!?

1 Like

the crowd was phenomenal. I would say Cody got the best reaction out of anybody aside from Moxley. everybody popped huge when he took the sledgehammer to the throne, despite the criticism I’ve read about that. I thought it was hilarious. also his theme song is really good. hard to believe it’s the same guy who was geeking around WWE for so many years. good on him, dusty would be proud.

I can’t wait to go back and watch the broadcast.

there wasn’t a bad match on the show. I don’t think the world has seen a match like Cody vs Dustin in like 25 years. pure old school territory kinda stuff. the 2019 crowd reaction to a gory bladejob was kinda fascinating.

Dustin’s interview for Starrcast from Sunday was really interesting and I got to see Kenny Omega screen Omega Man and do a Q&A.

my friend bought me doink socks. can’t top that.

1 Like

that Cody/Dustin match was something else. everyone chanting Dusty’s name before the match, seeing both brothers tear up before the start of it. it got emotional well before the absolute waterfall of blood. i watched this show with mostly non-wrestling fans and to them, this was both the grossest but the most engaging match of the night.

also these same non-fans really loved the joshi tag match and wanted to know more about everyone involved, so good on ya AEW for that kinda platform

makai uploaded a show with english subtitles,if anyone is interested in something a little (very) outside the norm

I loved that joshi tag match too. it sure did make what WWE has done to Asuka and Kairi look even worse (if that’s possible). apparently Kenny himself is in charge of signing the joshi talent. he’s doing a great job so far.

Watching night 7 today and hell yeah, that shingo/Marty match was good times. The whole night is nice, even Juice in the announcers booth.

Now knowing who is behind those vids has me hyped and OK, NJPW, here is my ten bucks for another month.

1 Like

lol

What’s this AEW thing