PRICE OF FLIGHT

INDIECADE AWARD NOMINATED

By the time they realize their mistake, it will be too late…

you may remember our old thread for the now ancient gamejam version here. i wanted to leave that up as it was and make a new thread for… whatever this is. dokapon kingdom for existentially despairing kawazu-heads? rpg maker demoscene iceberg? the trailer pitches this thing better than i can. it’s a GameLike.

we (@Khan, @contentdeleted, @the_clraken, and i) thought “let’s polish up our gamejam game and re-release it, how hard could it be” and then somehow almost two years passed. hopefully it won’t be another two years before it’s done! haha! ha… :guillotine:

i don’t really know what to say about the award nomination. it’s very cool that happened, and, uh, unexpected. i hope it gets some more people to check our game out! i’m curious how much cultural relevance any of these festivals/awards outside of IGF have… i tried to get to this year’s nominees list from google and genuinely wasn’t able to do it. no wonder our trailer still has like a hundred views lol. maybe we’ll sweep the misaos next. i had basically zero expectations going into this project and more than anything i was making it for me while pretending i didn’t need money to live, so it’s weird to be thinking about this stuff now

anyway, the Bird-Based Bloodsport of the Future approaches! please look forward to it

57 Likes

That’s a wicked cool trailer. The Joseph de Maistre quote attributed to Bush is a nice touch lol.

Congrats on the nomination!

8 Likes

so sick

5 Likes

fuckin awesome trailer

6 Likes

Incredible work, I really enjoyed what I played at the last meetup

6 Likes

wow

i don’t know how i didn’t play one second of this at the meetup, this looks incredible

5 Likes

Is this what we recorded stuff for in that gym? I was going through files on the zoom the other day and there it was.

Also heck yeah, nice trailer.

7 Likes

yep! thank you to everyone that volunteered to yell weird stuff in an indoor basketball court

10 Likes

So excited for this, do you remember any of the stupid things I said when you demo’ed the game at the meetup?

3 Likes

i’m so happy for y’all, you deserve it. amazing trailer omg

4 Likes

this looks fucking sick congratulations on the nom!!! eager to play this sometime it looks like my kinda shit!!!

4 Likes

sure do cause i wrote many of them down

Tooty should go to hell.

We’re all equally hungry.

Throw it away, it’s garbage now

also wrote down one from @Father.Torque

We already ate a capitalist

12 Likes

I don’t remember who tooty is but “tooty should go to hell” is my bottomline review, 5/5 stars

7 Likes

hooray!

1 Like

This game fuckin rocks

2 Likes

we’ll be at the indiecade show and tell… for five minutes. runs from 10 AM to noon tomorrow, for some reason

then there’s an awards show from 10 AM to 2 PM on saturday. we will be there too in some capacity

https://m.twitch.tv/indiecade

okay

17 Likes

sadly the penguin costume we bought will not make an appearance, due to circumstances beyond our control. our tax writeoff is ruined…

16 Likes

yeah baby

10 Likes

this is the first non fromsoft game i’ve frothed this much for in years

3 Likes

or will it???

stay tuned…

2 Likes