PREY

1 Like

Still dumbfounded they’re keeping the same name from the original even though there is very little intersection between the two. FPS + Alien invasion + interiors of space ship/station and that’s…it?

Also the addition of Prop Hunt qualities.

I love it.

There’s pretty much no connection. As the “press sneak fucks” leaked years ago, this was Arkane’s chance to do a sci-fi game and proposing to Bethesda that they use the Prey name was probably the best (maybe only) way to get the project greenlit, so good for them for working the system.

One of the little loading hints mentions a “wonder” called a “Looking Glass”. Cute.

SPOILERS!

pretty good

Potentially the successor to System Shock 2 we’ve all been waiting for?

I am still mildly bummed that the bounty hunter sequel didn’t happen. Being the only human in alienland sounded kinda cool (supposing that I’m not misremembering the details)

3 Likes

Yeah that demo they showed looked really cool. But since that didn’t happen this looks like the next best thing.

But you should love this one even more because maybe an SB’r worked on it!!!
haha…

4 Likes

whozat?

If you read the laughter nervously enough you might figure it out!

2 Likes

maybe that’s awesome!

It’s interesting people have stuck on that concept video for years. Past the high concept of the thing, all the designs and directing are the most generic bombastic AAA boo-yeah. And CG concept videos are a pit of lies created by persons only tangentially involved in the game.

Mod guns into Bernband or play Jedi Knight II again for that feeling

1 Like

MAYBE IT WILL ACTUALLY BE GOOD THIS TIME?

HA

HA

L-LOLLERSKATES

I bet it’ll be better than good! Or at least on par with the Dishonoreds.

It’s bizarre to see so many similar reactions to this game knowing why Arkane had to use this title in order for Besthesda to justify the investment for such a project.

I’m not even gonna watch it cause that one preview video already made me wanna buy it.

This game looks cool. Arkane is pretty cool people imo

(Morgan is a total vampire name tho)

Yeah I’ll play this game, I love immersive sims, especially ones in space! I’ll play pretty much anything Arkane does sight unseen now, I loved Dishonored 2.

Yeah people are still really hung up on this CGI trailer and this tiny vertical slice demo! I’m not convinced it would have been a fun game!!