Post your Unique Retroarch Problems Here

hi gamers please help

i’m currently halfway through a playthrough of panzer dragoon saga in bizhawk, because that’s the one saturn emulator that “just works” for me and i’ve generally had nightmare experiences with saturn in retroarch even when i’ve gotten it working (fickle performance, things suddenly breaking, saves disappearing, etc). i’m at the end of disc 2, on the screen that prompts a disc change to disc 3, but i can’t seem to advance to disc 3 in the saturn console menu; i can only go back and forth between discs 1 and 2 (the change discs button worked at the end of 1). all of the discs are in the m3u file, and disc 3 seems to run when loaded by itself, so i don’t think it’s corrupted (?). the other side is that i can’t seem to convert the saves to run in retroarch, so i can’t try that either. i sent everything i could think of to @anonymous last week and she had no luck - the saves didn’t work and gave “bad hash” when she tried to load them, even after sending her the original isos. i don’t know if i’ve fucked myself over by trying to play a multi-disc saturn game on a niche emulator mostly used for tool-assisted speedruns, but if i was able to switch from 1 to 2 then i don’t see why 2 to 3 would be impossible. i know this is a retroarch-specific thread, but does anyone have any suggestions or any help to offer? i don’t wanna lose this playthrough ;_;

also if there’s a different thread that’s more appropriate for this question mods please move it there

3 Likes