Hey All! Now that I have fully settled into the new residence, I’ve decided to once again make Pokémon more difficult than it should be! I don’t want to pick up the old run cause I’m too out of that headspace (and I don’t wanna ask for the thread to be resurrected), so I’m going to be playing a different game with some different rules! It’ll be fun!
The likes on this OP are going to be how I pull nicknames for the Pokés so if you wanna be one of our in-game pals that’s, that’s how I’m doing that
So, what are we playing?
Randomized Pokémon White
How It was Randomized
Using an old friend of mine, the UP Randomizer, I have fucked up a Pokémon White ROM. What did I do exactly?
- Pokémon Stat totals are unchanged, but every stat has new randomly generated values.
- Every Pokémon’s type has been randomized in such a way that it does not follow evolutionary lines - their types are likely to change as they evolve.
- The learned moves and Abilities of Pokémon have been changed
- Every TM is now a different move than it used to be
- Every trainer and wild Pokémon has been randomized, although they will keep to the same general strength (because I get bored running into legendaries in these things)
- All Pokémon have had their levels scaled up by I believe 20% to make the game harder
And how are we playing it?
Everyone does these differently but my rules are:
- If a Pokémon faints, it is dead forever (R.I.P)
- We can only befriend the first Pokémon we meet in an area, with an exception for Pokémon we have already caught
- All of our Pokémon are named after our comrades so that their deaths sadden us
Expect me to complain about the social structure of the game’s setting, and expect some very heavy handed metanarration involving the Pokétariat Revolution and the Fascists appropriating their rhetoric (This is actually the game’s story, trust me, we’ll get there)
Once we start playing I’ll link a Google Sheet up here of the Pokédex for this Randomized game as we uncover it.
EDIT1: Added forgotten rule, added Table of Contents