PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Hide in a bathroom in a house in the woods and wait for death to come find you

2 Likes

That was my second or third match. I fortified and killed 2 people before I had to head out due to blue wall of death. Then I got shot, obviously.

Is good to see you guys want to play, I think itā€™s going to be a blast. Iā€™m going to put myself out there and say Iā€™m ready whenever. Timezones donā€™t matter, days donā€™t matter, Iā€™m just up. I donā€™t have a life right now besides the gf and sheā€™s very cool about these things, so itā€™s all good

And whatā€™s up with this game? My first time I was number 12 and from then on I just got worse and worse. I think I lost my respect and let my guard downā€¦ The last four matches were just me being killed without a single frag, it was sad :sad:

1 Like

Iā€™ve had the same problem. I got a win within the first 25 games, and then got steadily worse. Iā€™m getting better though - consistently in the top 20 now. Had a #2 the other day.

I think the problem is that I got too confident in my abilities, and started playing more aggressively. Thereā€™s a time and place to be aggressive but they are usually few and far between, at least in solo. At this point Iā€™ve developed a number of strategies for avoiding conflict, and getting the upper hand in conflict when it does come up.

Anyway. Iā€™ve played a lot of this game haha

The highest I have gotten is top 3 and I managed that in my third game. I can usually make it to top twenty but a lot of it depends on luck and where I drop. I donā€™t go looking for conflict but I need to get better at taking accurate shots and being aware of my surroundings.

The game has some sort of match-making system. Also I think it is like poker in that good players will win a larger % of games than bad players, yet variations in performance are inevitable.

1 Like

The trick Iā€™ve found in the last 10 is to stay outside of the white circle until the absolute last second. Go prone in the shadow of a tree and wait for others to lose their nerve. Shoot 'em down when they start running. Hell, if you have the health and nobody has spotted you, stay outside even after you start taking damage, see if you can rustle someone out that way.

Maybe this is common wisdom though.

I would have won the last game I played, but I lost my nerve and shot at somebody who was going to die anyway. I got sniped down by the last remaining player.

1 Like

So whatā€™s it look like for this weekend? Anybody have time and gusto? Everyone tell me/us a day and a time frame I guess. I tried to make a doodle but Iā€™m confused as to how that works with timezones and at what part of the day weā€™re even looking at. So, just make some suggestions

Iā€™d really like to try some squad gameplay!

iā€™ll have time sunday.

1 Like

Sunday works better for me.

I may be able to do Sunday too. Depends on the timing.

Im sure all of you are going to be doing Plunkbat on your fancy PCs, but if anyone ends up owning this in the future when itā€™s out on PS4, HMU. i really really want to play this and this is coming from someone who is completely apathetic to multi FPSs

1 Like

Hey I think weā€™re doing this right now. Come on discord everybody

My bad for not checking this topic more

1 Like

Aaaaand itā€™s a wrap. We need to do this again! Four player squad was a fun experience

Yeah this game is different, you donā€™t really have to like multi FPSs to like this. Hereā€™s hoping that there will be cross platform play with the consoles! But even if there isnā€™t you should find somebody to play with here, the way this game sells

1 Like

Squad mode was a lot of fun btw. We should do it again!

Also been playing solo, hereā€™s the best way Iā€™ve died so far:

2 Likes

I would like to squad some pubg. I might be able to make some time Saturday; in general I will have more free time after July 5.

Last weekend, I squadded with ICer dmauro. We had a match where we were doing really well until we ran into another squad that picked a fight with us. We managed to shoot out each otherā€™s vehicles, and couldnā€™t really disengage once the blue wall started closing in so we finished the fight (lost two in the process) then the survivors fried outside the safe zone.

i mean sure why not

1 Like

I love that people have taken to calling this ā€œplunkbatā€ because it sounds like a DOS executable designed to be eight characters long

I also like that the developer is called BLUEHOLE INC

so

who is still playing