Pixel GUIs

SO CUTE

2 Likes

Screenshots and trailer for Mainlining. A new hacker/surveillance game

1 Like

by that merit i guess beglitched, emily is away and digital a love story may all apply

pc88 brandish 2 will be in english soon

alpha dain

macross 3 love stories

6 Likes

Russian Soyuz simulator. Program from the 60’s that runs on MS-DOS

20 Likes

黄金の羅針盤 翔洋丸桑港航路殺人事件 / Ougon no Rashinban Shouyoumaru San Francisco Kouro Satsujin Jiken

リバーヒルソフト / Riverhill Soft, 1991

x68000/PC-98

4 Likes

1 Like

I’ve loved the Commander Keen IV menu pretty much my entire life. The faux gameboy aesthetic gives me life.

1 Like
2 Likes

6 Likes

look at this pc port of suikoden

15 Likes

wonderland, amiga

15 Likes

near fantasy zone
MWSnap060

10 Likes

9 Likes

lemmings 95

10 Likes

it’s messing me up that you chose 95 and not one of the versions where the buttons are all pixel art too

3 Likes

i posted 95 specifically for the weird use of regular windows elements! the boxart is styled after pc productivity software of the time too, it’s pretty interesting in general imo

7 Likes

9 Likes

so many of the games I played as a child were modeled after productivity software! Haven’t thought about that in a while… I was not allowed to play games with violence or games that were not Educational so I played a lot of strategy games and Maxis “Sim” games (Ant, Earth, etc) with UI that looked like that. Might make for a good thread…

I’m also curious whether in the future some of the games we play today with really flat UI that looks, like, Material Design-y, will be interpreted by people as a deliberate attempt to imitate the “productivity software” look of the late 2010s. Like I checked out Shapez yesterday and had that thought… hmm!!

4 Likes