Picross Island

I have played the absolute shit out of hungry cat and I’m actually getting increasingly frustrated with how many puzzles I’ve solved by knowing that the dev draws every picture the same symmetrical way. Not to mention that, while I’ve looked learning how this particular game’s rules work wrt color, there have been too many moments where I feel like I have no choice but to use the Try It Out feature. Trial and error is fun in action games, not here!

7 Likes

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.coworkdream.PicrossLUNA&hl=en_US

A while ago I had downloaded this but I have no idea if it’s any good. I’m not sure I actually like Picross :man_shrugging:

I am at 3 million fish (less than onesecondbefore oh my god) and really almost never use Try Out, though I’m stubborn and have sometimes spent like 30+ minutes on a simple 15x10 puzzle

Maybe post a screenshot whenever you get stuck so we can all solve it together and share Advanced Picross Tactics

Anyway I’m getting Picross Luna right now

1 Like

I actually didn’t know that was a feature. Neat

I use try it out to learn new picross heuristics, and this applies to hungry cat too. So the more I play the more it tapers off because the advanced methods get trained into me.

Welp Hungry Cat is extremely addictive!

Yeah I think we’re all pretty deep in the shit here

4 Likes

After slowly picking away at Picross e7 I finally finished up the regular picross puzzles and moved on to the Mega Picross ones. It is funky as hell. Basically a portion of the numbers given account for “blobs” of squares that cross over two different lines. This info at least so far seems to be a bit less defined and require some different strategies, but at least is a solid change of pace.

1 Like

My one complaint about hungry cat is that its puzzles don’t really get very difficult but maybe the bonus levels do? Regardless it’s a meditative thing that helps me recollect

I have no idea what the fuck I was talking about here. I must have been tired or something. Sorry, Picross, I’m a bad friend.

There are still probably potential moments of having to Try It Out given the crossroads of new logistics in this particular incarnation’s color mechanics, but I am becoming more and more aware of where to look when my options dwindle.

I found picross luna’s controls to be poor and the giant puzzles are really, really boring for the most part

Some of the pictures are fun though

1 Like

Hungry Cat changed it’s look and now I’m probably uninstalling. God its it’s a phone app now

Thanks for the warning. I disabled automatic updates for the app just in time. I saw the new version on another device and the upgrade does appear to be heinous.

1 Like

if you like Picross you very well may love my new Steam game, Cavesweeper

it’s a cross between minesweeper and a roguelike/rpg

3 Likes

Picross S2 releases August 2nd on Switch.

Now you can play the new “Clip Picross” mode in addition to the 300 problems already available for Picross and Mega Picross!
     Solve the questions on the pieces scattered across the board to complete a large illustration in this mode.
     Solve more than 100 questions to make progress in Picross Mode, and if you clear all of Clip Picross, it will link to a story.
     In addition, a new feature has been added that allows players to count squares by moving the cursor.

1 Like

Nice!

Now they just need puzzles big enough to justify it :stampstampstamp:

1 Like

Wait, here’s a 15x15 in the promo materials

phew

edit:

and a 20x15 later on!

2 Likes

god the nintendo picrosses just look so much slicker than the alternatives

1 Like

Interesting thing is that Nintendo doesn’t publish Picross on the Switch, at least not in North America. Jupiter Corp. publishes the games all by themselves.