Pick-Ups

I see videos of people on youtube just showing what they bought. Thought that might be interesting to do.

Just got a shovelknight amiibo. Didn’t even start playing shovelknight yet, but wanted to support indies on nintendo.

“Haul” videos are supposedly considered bottom tier vlog content but I’ve honestly never found them offensive when the person in question is enthusiastic about what they’re speaking of. I follow a few vloggers for said enthusiasm.

I have no photographic proof but I recently received Bubsy 3D in the mail and just ordered The Unholy War, which will have a similar arrival scenario as Bubsy 3D.

Unholy War? That’s the toys for bob joint right?

Correct. I played the hell out of the demo.

the only time i watched this kind of video the person showed this adorable handcrafted shoulder bag he ordered from a designer then all the stuff he was keeping inside it.

i got really pissed because that was exactly the kind of shoulder bag i was looking for myself for the past five or so months and he didn’t even say the designer’s name.

screw you youtube-man :confused:

Just so yall know I ain’t lying:

6 Likes

Bubsy 3D is really bad

I had that Speed Racer game as a kid. To this day I have no idea how anything works, so for the record Bubsy has been better to me.

Speed Racer is a bit odd. Its in the vein of Ridge Racer 1, where you have one island course that has parts chopped off to make 3 different length courses - but then you have this huge assortment of items to use that seemingly have no necessary use and no other cars have them. I guess there are some short cuts where you use very specific power ups to access, but only a very small handful. Its got nice music and a pleasant atmosphere (and day to night cycle).

I am about half-way through Bubsy 3D and I think I may try to make a long post about it. Its taken some time to be able to learn how to play the game with its wretched controls, but once I got the hang of that I started to have some fun and am enjoying the Gary Panter-esque environments. Note: I say “learning the controls” in such a loose manner as being able to slowly, and carefully walk around – it would take a herculean effort to achieve anything close to Mario 64 movement. BUT, things work pretty dang well in the underwater levels and I really enjoy those.

2 Likes

Couldn’t you just comment on the video and ask?

2 Likes

I’m afraid to put up a real comment here. I find it odd when people are just like ‘I bought something’ and don’t want to talk about it any further.

That being said if I just started posting when I bought game related stuff, you would learn to hate me, the way I’ve learned to hate me.

thinking about getting a “New” 3DS but a little one. I been an XL man for a bit but i thought the little one might appeal to me because i’ll be traveling and the faceplates.

I wanted to show off the shame of how I am trying to move to Japan but bought 9 Saturn games last week and brought them back to America.

I have just purchased a WiiU Ultra Sensor Bar because it looked lonely in the store.

1 Like

It performs as advertised.

what’s on that hudson soft disc?

These are my Super Famicom pick ups from my current trip to Japan. Most of my other stuff is already packed up so I can’t share it yet

Chrono Trigger, Bahamut Lagoon and Majin Tensei were all found real cheap at out of the way Hard-Offs.

Ys V, SMT 2 and R-type 3 were all very deliberate purchases

2 Likes

I got a working Spice (orange) gamecube for 300 yen at a hard off

2 Likes

I tried this on my PSP and liked it a lot, cause it’s basically Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem “done the right way round” (SMT-SRPG). Gotta play more of this at some point.