Pacman

gamer trivia:
upon seeing the defaced game cabinet reading FUCKMAN the developers of the game were so overwhelmed by “a strange feeling of nearness to power” that they decided to make an official game about this character, this dark entity of fuckman, to follow the concept wherever it led with or without official company support - thus began their journey on the game development road without honour or humanity.
from this point on the historical record becomes shady. we know that only one official FUCKMAN cabinet was produced and that it could be experienced by booking only, touring private events and company parties up and down japan to raise funds for mass production. people entered the booth one at a time but then emerged again shaken, unsure of what they’d seen. the developers claimed to have discovered “the true power [behind] eating balls games”, and rumours were that many others in the industry agreed, that it had been met with frenzied interest during private showings of many of the most prolific new games companies, although few were willing to speak publically on the matter. they knew that this was the future, this was the thing they were all working towards.
the growing if shadowy influence of FUCKMAN led the development team to reconsider their approach. they decided that rather than wait for the competition to catch up they would begin work on an even more groundbreaking successor, to be known as FUCKMAN 2: THE NEW ADVENTURES… at this point all record of the project ends. some say that the project simply had to disband due to lack of funds and that the sole copy of FUCKMAN was repurposed into a Mappy cabinet. others say that, realising the level of funding required for full implementation of their plan, the team made a pact with the US military and are still hard at work, somewhere, in some protected and classified location. or perhaps the truth is more horrible than both… thank you for subscribing to gamer trivia dot com, your one stop site for gaming tips and rumours on the net.

16 Likes

Pac-Man? A blatant rip-off of Katamari Damacy, and we don’t talk about that enough.

4 Likes

Clyde has serious BDE

2 Likes

you know if you put a bow on pac man that might be fuckable…id fuck pac man in a bow

(i literally woke up and the first thought i had was ID FUCK PAC MAN IN A BOW thanks…thanks.)

6 Likes

I think the concept of the game is neat, but I’m just worn down by the senseless violence of it all. The world of Pacman is too eat-or-be-eaten. I just wish there was a way to talk to these creatures.

11 Likes

pacman gave me an rsi i’m suing namcot

6 Likes

The sound effects were made by immatures MUTE IT Make that shit STOP

2 Likes

Is this game an allegory for addiction

3 Likes

classic silent protagonist

3 Likes

He’s shy outside the sheet

9 Likes

klonoa_giveaway_580a

Everyone, check your closets, you may have this hat

7 Likes

i’m not going to post the tweet but i can think only of the iconic young thug’s profound sorrow over patman’s inability to wear jeans

5 Likes

no what is it?

1 Like

Few people know this, but Pac-Man is actually a Muppets fan game, making it perhaps the most financially successful unlicensed fan work to ever exist.

Why do you think he goes Wocka Wocka?

7 Likes

it’s like ms pacman but slow as shit

Did you know that the original Pacman contains what experts call a “killswitch”? If you play the game for too long the arcade operator can flip a switch, causing the right half of the cabinet to suddenly collapse, rendering the game unwinnable. Usually this only results in the player being hospitalized rather than outright killed, but either way both Namco and the arcade are exempt from any legal liability because of the EULA you sign by inserting a coin (usually the EULA is in a little “doc box” below the coin compartment). This feature has not appeared in any home port of Pacman.

7 Likes

Just found out they made a sequel to this game and it has AMAZING graphics

This looks way cooler, I’m glad they ditched the roguelite mechanics in favor of a video game not designed around microtransactions

6 Likes

obligatory

Why would this “Action Button” fellow review a game that doesn’t even use any buttons? That’s a clear conflict of interest right there! As an avid proponent of eth

6 Likes

well, that’s ok, me and my friends all prefer to record twelve hour long videos about pacman actually but i guess it’s good for a lighter version to be out there as well. kind of a cliffnotes style of thing. personally i would talk about pacman for longer but i guess it takes all kinds in this world. well, see you around.

7 Likes