Pacman

Anyone heard of this game? Seems pretty good. Pretty retro but sometimes that’s cool.

Loved it on Gameboy.

12 Likes

I’ve played pac-man a few times but I think Digdug is where it’s really at.

6 Likes

Points for DigDug: uses buttons. Pacman: no buttons. Can a game be a game without buttons?

7 Likes

Does it have any cave men

8 Likes

i dunno about this game looks like a sub-par ladybug to me

5 Likes

yeah played a little more the developer should give up and make gardening games instead

14 Likes

f*** pac man the ghost’s are always getting me when i don’t want them to! bulls**** game it’s too hard and whenever i go to Deleo Bros. Pizza i lose like five or six quarters to the pac man machine.

13 Likes

pacman’s cool but i gotta say the novelty of eating dots kinda wears off after the first 3 or 4

12 Likes

what someone should do is make a game with only a few dots per stage, and to make things interesting, parts of the stage are locked and each dot opens up a new section when you eat it

also ectoplasm is gross so i don’t wanna eat the ghosts to get rid of them. the big dot power should give me the ability to take them out from a distance instead

having that much range could make it too easy though … so maybe it would be more exciting if your field of view is limited, so you don’t know where the ghosts are unless they are directly in front of you. this would still be an advantage in a long corridor or open space, but terrifying if you had to go through a winding or maze-like area. the balance would depend on how the stage is designed.

how devious things might get if the stages could include height values, so that the player is allowed to move from an upper floor to a lower one, but not back again, potentially getting trapped. on the other hand, this logic would also apply to the ghosts, so if they were visible through a “window” or on the other side of a crevice, the player wouldn’t have to risk getting up close. wow!! imagine the possibilities if the tools for designing this sort of stuff went public!

12 Likes

Which ghost is the most fuckable I’ve got erotic fanfiction to write over here

6 Likes

So we’re agreed that this is a game about a “Political Action Committee” Man but what is the agenda set by pacman? Is the pacman symbolically gobbling up voters?

11 Likes

Untitled

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

8 Likes

Thing he wants to pack most of all is some fucking FUDGE…!! And who can blame him! That stuff tastes great!!

7 Likes

Just noticed this is king of posters but I will not delete this post. Its up to the mods to weigh in on whether fudge is hot or not.

5 Likes

Actually this is a common misnomer in the original Japanese he was referred to as Puck-Man. Data-Miners of an Unreleased LocTe (Location Test (the act of presenting the game to the Japanese Video Games Admission Philosophers (VAP) (headed by Mr. Miyamoto-san))) discovered on unused sprites and story elements showing conclusively the story is actually about Puckman haunted by the “ghosts” of Hiroshima and Nagasaki must turn is efforts inwards and industralize.

Meddling by Amercian Companies means this vision was never realized and the final release of “Pac-Man” merely implies these story beats.

Strangely some of these elements would be used years later in Xevious 3D. The Japanese consider this a classic and I have been eagerly awaiting a translation for 20 years.

15 Likes

Does this game have an ending?

I just don’t want to deal with more treadmill roguelites anymore

6 Likes

“According to a Japanese flyer there is a “Endo Main”. I’m sorry I just used google translate lol”

4 Likes

As much as I want to agree with this he does regularly abandon his family for secret trysts with a giant fairy three times his size, who then literally returns home as if he’s walking on air

4 Likes

this isn’t true shut up

8 Likes

Pac Man was a CIA psyop created to encourage hyper consumerism.

Purchase
And
Consume

Merchandise
Above
Needs

It’s so obvious, they must think we’re stupid.

11 Likes