Output Devices

The “JACKAL” a radio, tape recorder, and TV all in one. Its design was partly inspired by instrumentation in airplane cockpits real and virtual. The unique upright format meets the needs of users seeking a single unit for all three forms of entertainment. The JACKAL’s layout puts the 3-inch black and white TV screen on front for convenient viewing and the tape recorder on top for easy loading and unloading of cassettes and operation using nearby levers. In short, the layout is optimized for usability and efficient use of space on various sides. Design accents such as screws at key joints give the dark metallic unit a rugged look.

nice footage of the Panasonic CT-101 (1984) running Doom, Duke3d, Epic Pinball, Prince of Persia, and the “Amnesia” demo.

real cool shot in this one, of the Sinclair MTV1B (1978), from behind the tube where you can see into and through it to the reversed image being displayed on its front.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Only way to improve this image would be Gran Turismo on the TV

2 Likes

So that’s @Felix’s ride?

4 Likes

Colortrak Spacesaver E09303KW - RCA, 1993

8 Likes

XL 100 EPR295V/A/D - RCA, 1987

9 Likes

So cute. I should find a way to non-grossly paint my pvms

i painted my Megaview’s metal case with white refrigerator paint, it was all nicotine stained when i got it, i’ll probably strip it and re-do it nice-like one day

i’ve thought about vinyl wrapping, maybe coming up with some suitably silly candy-cab style graphics

1 Like

lucky son of a b
9 Likes

Mac SE Prototype

8 Likes
6 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

7 Likes

little baby kid cabs like this apparently popular in Korea, outside stores and in restaurants

8 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

8 Likes