Opening Cutscene

Well people already posted Demon’s and Wild Arms so I’m out

3 Likes

SIKE

Excuse the gloom…

2 Likes

Hark! and sing praises upon the power and allure of Nocturne’s intro title loops.

Fading note sustain in darkness, pull back from a horde of glowing eyes until demi-fiend glows front and center. Very few cinematic->title screens hit this mfkin hard.

God this has to be be in my most listened tracks

7 Likes
4 Likes

The non-Maniax version is even better as it’s better structured and focuses on your suspicious friends instead of Dante and Lucifer

5 Likes

I’ve actually always preferred the cuts used in the Dante/Maniax version more. They’re all the same general tight though and come to think of it, I’ve not peeped the Raidou ver.

This still gives me goosebumps from time to time

1 Like

'98 may have the most classic theme, but holy shit 2000.

This thing is boarded out with such precision; it’s like the Tom Baker Doctor Who intro.

6 Likes

Certainly, they existed…

3 Likes

can’t believe no one’s posted smt 1 yet

also this shit is insane

7 Likes

best game intro of all time:

6 Likes

also

TRANSCENDING HISTORY AND THE WORLD. A TALE OF SOUL AND SWORDS, ETERNALLY RETOLD.

8 Likes

I know liking Persona is weird but the OPs are still fantastic:

6 Likes

I am a big fan of Persona OPs

The (first) end credits from the (first) P4 anime was good times, too. Does that count for this thread?

Beloved

Simple Oomph

5 Likes

I remember being blown away by Ar Tonelico’s opening when I was little. Not by, like, the opening itself but how the company logos were integrated into it. After years of watching the dolby digital, sofdec, publisher logos, etc. appear in order silently one after the other in countless PS2 games, when you booted up Ar Tonelico music started playing before any of those appeared. And the logos appeared and disappeared in rhythm with the music, before it all eventually transitions into the typical anime style opening. I had never seen something like that before and I thought it was super cool.

4 Likes

Please pretend it’s the 90´s and computers and hackers are the coolest thing ever before watching this

3 Likes

Thinking further on problematic faves of mine:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah, the more that comes out about everyone involved in Neverhood, the more jeebed my heebs get. But, it sure looks and sounds neat still!

1 Like

It’s going to take a while…

both of thse give me goosebumps, 10-15 years later…

also is a fav of mine. Pray… for goosebumps!

4 Likes