oooOOOOooooooOOOooo

They are already adjectives (2) and nouns (1).

1 Like

Most of the logic to make the game work is here now.
Also, buoyancy:

4 Likes

Getting into the homestretch here, please heap praise upon this project so that I can stay motivated.

5 Likes

Looking spooOOOOooooooOOOoooky!

2 Likes

go go float ghost

2 Likes
6 Likes

omg I love it

1 Like

Sharing it with spouse:

hahaha

thatā€™s a cool idea!

I also like that ghosts eat candy corn

CANDY CORN SPRITE SUCCESS

2 Likes

Two days till Halloween and I just finished the interstitial logic that I need to connect up my stages (and to use a stage as a level select menu). Iā€™ve got a database tracking records which is almost done. I need to design about 7 more stages to fill out the content.

The game uses Tiled and a bunch of hacks as the map editor so level design is relatively snappy.

I added one mechanic which I am hoping will have some depth: pumpkins can now be pushed around by the player, and they can also collect candy corn. So you can like push a pumpkin into a cat, which will knock it into a row of candy corn. You can collect on a different path and double your score.

Iā€™ve also added a set of spikes which launch you downward. Since water has upward buoyancy and you canā€™t otherwise thrust down, using these spikes is critical to getting caches of candy corn beneath bodies of water:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Am I a total failure if I canā€™t get this out by Halloween? Iā€™ve got a baby, for Godā€™s sake!

You tell that baby to shut the hell up

1 Like

I can neither tell my baby to shut up, nor my job.

1 Like

You gotta get better baby control sir

Its almost physically uncomfortable, imagining telling my child to shut up.

iā€™ll do it for you if that makes it easier

Stop being mean, in theory, to my kid or Iā€™ll never finish this game.

1 Like

ā€œbetter wrap that rattle up, bā€

Happy Samhain Everyone: Give oooOOoo a spin here:
https://procyonic.org/oooOOoo/

Let me know about any issues!

1 Like