Official SB Anime Club

be the change you want to see in the world

You will never see a good anime. Itā€™s impossible.

Except for Garzeyā€™s Wing, which will definitely join the Criterion Collection within the next 10 years. Believe it.

We are about to watch a Sonic the Hedgehog anime. Do you think youā€™re tough? Fucking prove it. Log-on and watch THE MOVIE.

OK just to let you all know: Iā€™m going to make you all sit down and watch Project A-Ko next time we do this. The first, good one. I dunno when that is. But soon. Also, probably Beautiful Dreamer. We have to balance out the horrible.

2 Likes

DEMON NEGOTIATION

we watch A-Ko, but also watch one of the sequels

I like to lie to myself, and say Iā€™m an easy-going guyā€¦but thatā€™s not true. Here I am, laying down the law:

I need to watch BEAUTIFUL DREAMER and the rest of GARZEYā€™S WING and if you do it without meā€¦God forgive meā€¦but Iā€™ll make it my lifeā€™s goal to ruin anyone who watches that shit without me.

Sorryā€¦but I need this shit. Itā€™s very important to me, because Iā€™ve realized anime is the best, and itā€™s all thanks to Select Button.

Thank you, Select Button.

3 Likes

if we allow for subs its way easier to include actually good things since theyā€™re less likely to get taken off of youtube

that being said, Battle Royal High School is most like if early JJBA was more unhinged and also featured nonsequitur sci fi elements and demon hunters and parallel universe evil overlord doppelgangers. It is the most anime-is-not-for-kids Iā€™ve seen.

NB: it is problematic, donā€™t expect anything less than constant problems from it.

1 Like

I looked for a lot of the things here and they are for the most part unavailable on youtube and dailymotion

I wonder if we can upload full anime as unlisted videos and then link them onto togethertube and not get in trouble

psst psst (iā€™m not going to foist this on anyone but all of Utena is on youtube, subbedā€¦ including the movieā€¦ just sayin)

That said, i forgot how much watching trashy anime with friends is one of my favorite things :smiley:

1 Like

I am okay with subsā€¦Iā€™m okay with all anime that is animated. Nowadaysā€¦itā€™s all computers! Fuck it!!

synchtu.be lets you upload shit to google drive and stream from there. Thatā€™s one way to get around The Man.

I was up until almost 4AM thanks to anime and I loved every second of it, especially when anime had computers and good lady sideburns.

2 Likes

I need a c/d that Garzeyā€™s Wing actually happened

That was the one where the guy gets transported to medieval times and becomes Hermes right?

i cant believe i keep missing these, i should not be this busy while unemployed

pretty sure you lucked out by missing SMT

i already wanted to see the smt ova of my own volition because weird vidcon lineage/computer demon summoning/i am trash sorry

basically me

anime club consensus on SMT was that it Was Not Okay

we learned that demons are homophobes

Perhaps the lesson was that homophobes were the real demons all along
Thx anime

Oh

how not okay are we talking

not okay enough that Iā€™m hesitant to repeat some of the stuff for fear of offending people

theres a scene where a bunch of women have sex as part of a demon summoning ritual (edit: sorry if thats what you were voiding saying notbov and i just trampled all over that. i mean tghat part really sucked but i didnt remember enough about it to know if you were referring to something worse?)

When i type it out like that it sounds awesome. Let me assure you that it was not awesome in context. It had squicky homophobic overtones for sure.
It also wasnt really at all like SMT (other than having squicky homophobic overtones)

Then we watched Iron Virgin Jun. i was pretty hammered so i dont really remember what happened in it but the main character was a big muscle princess and i was OK with that.

I put the Sonic OVA in the queue as a goof, iā€™m glad people actually stuck around and liked it though! love that movie and that weird-ass dub

2 Likes