(Non-Game) Vinyl Records That You Own or Covet

I didn’t know Einaudi had a new album out.

This is the latest record I’ve picked up:

1 Like

I don’t have a record player but should have bought this Bali album.

4 Likes

picked up a few new additions,

KRAFTWERK_TEE_PACKSHOTVINYL_2D

… slowly building up to a wonky collection that reflects my oddball tastes when FFIX and Chrono Cross LPs arrive/are released in a few months.

7 Likes
3 Likes

I didn’t buy vinyl for a while, these two LP by Naomi Kawashima are my treasure in all of collection

and this is my favourite cover in collection, every summer I will put this on my bookshelf.

6 Likes

Watching Kikou Souseiki Mospeada and really enjoy end credits song

I got one from the market and found the composer is Joe Hisaishi.

2 Likes

CD post incoming:

I still buy new albums on CD. especially if the vinyl is significantly more expensive, or I just feel the vibe of the artist makes sense to listen to on CD instead of vinyl. Or maybe an album flows better on CD, like an album that they have to split rather sparsely over 4 sides. Mostly though I’ve just been buying them for a long time, and if I stop and acknowledge that it was a waste of money & space then that would just be a bummer.

Anyway, the actual post is: I was amazed to see Donda exist on double CD at Target. Kanye already had his CD Statement Piece with Yeezus that was literally almost 10 years ago. The Donda CD packaging is all black/blank with no mention of the artist other than a kanyewest.com URL to go look at the credits.

So, the best part is, it comes in one of those single-width 2 disc jewel cases that I associate with the early-mid 2000s…where the tray is on a hinge and the 2nd disc is behind the first. and the spine has a generic “2CD” stamp. ~Wonderful~

9 Likes

https://www.hmv.co.jp/artist_ラ-ムー_000000000609466/item_Thanks-Giving-カラーヴァイナル仕様-アナログレコード_13045555

Thanks Giving getting a re-release.

Despite listening to a record at this very moment (the 12” single of PWEI’s Can U Dig It) I’m a CD partisan. If I have a choice, I always go for Perfect Sound Forever. I’m glad some stream “exclusive” stuff is getting pressed up!

another update:

(see what i did there? :smirk: )

and just in today,
41sWNlt97zL.SY580

:star_struck:

9 Likes

I just listened to Oxygene yesterday.

The only records I’ve purchased recently (a few months ago) are these two shoegaze ones.

5 Likes

4 Likes

I got bad news and as a responsible adult who doesn’t even own a record player bought

Ra Mu - Thanksgiving
Herb Alpert - What Now My Darling
Bad Astronaut - Houston We Have a Drinking Problem
That nice Cowboy Bebop set
Ta So Ga Re

3 Likes

finally had the time to pick up these two awesome Psychedelic Rock-Opera-esque LPs

and give them a first spin, and just loving every second of it.
Check them out if ye like some psych-rock, and especially the second album, Weltenraum, if you dig 1 track á 20+ minutes.

2 Likes

slowly but steadily getting there, have added this one

to the other four :sunglasses:

also, finally got my hands on French79s Olympic,

e28ce73886a9b4f6b3ece8f6b12f11a9

:servbotsalute:

2 Likes

Tatsuro Yamashita records getting a Japanese domestic reprint next month. Guess I will order For You.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up, though it seems this is already over-booked/out-of-stock?

2 Likes

Hiroshi Yoshimura’s Surround is getting a re-release. I missed the swirly blue, but they still have cassettes and black available!

7 Likes

Dangggggg

2 Likes