(Non-Game) Vinyl Records That You Own or Covet

I want a Live & Obscure record but all the Lazy Person’s sources have it priced near $100 so it’s somewhere far down the road.

It was my first and still my favorite. I think a lot of his studio output was overproduced and the arrangements for his other live albums can be kind of overwhelming. This one is just him, a couple guitars, a flute and a sax.

A sax!

He makes some really lame jokes between numbers and I love it.

1 Like

My newest record is toups’s band’s album. I got to see them perform live tonight and it was a very good show.

My second-newest is Paradia by Roland Bocquet, which I mentioned earlier in this thread. I found it for next to nothing on the Internet, and was expecting to get a CD or something else because the price was so low. But it turns out that there was a new pressing just a few years ago, and I guess someone had too many copies in stock.

6 Likes

My mother bought one and for weeks I was wondering where the burnt toast smell was coming from. Not sure if the smell died down or if I am just attuned to it now

I’m not sure why this was only 5 USD with free shipping all the way from France, but it arrived and seems to be in good shape. (It just seemed like something that should be played on vinyl, so I checked eBay.)

5 Likes

YES

the early 80s were so good

Here’s my (reasonably) organized collection
Some of my faves that I have are:
Wendy Carlos - Switched on Bach
Orbital - III
Gorillaz - Demon Days
The Avalanches - Since I Left You
Jun Togawa - Tamahime Sama (I own it but it’s currently sitting in Japan bc of Covid)
Undertale - Dogsong

I need to get some organizers for these so the bottom shelves stay standing up straight

3 Likes

I use these to keep my records upright, since they are not on a shelf that has sides:

https://www.amazon.com/Officemate-Bookends-Heavy-Weighted-93182/dp/B07CTPXWJ9

1 Like

i ordered this a yr ago and she’s finally here, I’m hoping to get the rest of Jun Togawa’s discography eventually but I always wait until there’s a good deal first, i still ended up paying twice as much as initially planned because covid but i got a good deal nonetheless

6 Likes

i don’t have that many records but my favorites are tom waits’ blue valentine and zeal & ardor’s devil is fine i’m gonna get stranger fruit soon. there’s also one that’s very special to me and that’s panda bear’s person pitch

1 Like

I’m currently social-distancing-separated from a handful of records that I forgottenly had stashed at my parents, and of those I’m especially missing DNA on DNA. Despite announcements to the contrary pre-release, the CD version (which I do have handy) left off the bonus live tracks including the unlikely Led Zeppelin cover which was the encore at their final show.

6 Likes

my biggest vinyl regret is not picking up a CA$30 copy of Super Sounds Unlimited on my first visit to Vancouver, because it’s a bop and apparently sells for way more now

@OneSecondBefore Don’t know if you are aware but Parallelisme is getting a re-press next month (it’s like $60 tho :frowning:)

2 Likes

Woah! That’s pretty cool. I’m surprised it’s not one of those Light in the Attic reissues, as they’ve been putting out a ton of Hosono re-pressings lately. 60 is really steep but that’s such a good album…

youtube algo finally results in a plastic love reissue

4 Likes

6 Likes

If you want to know pain, have a four year old who wants to listen to Kidz Bop Old Town Road every day for six months

5 Likes

Oh man, I got into vinyl over the pandemic. I had a few LPs lying around and finally got a turntable (entry-level AudioTechnica), a decent amp, and some vintage Bowers & Wilkins speakers that a guy who used to run the local hi-fi shop called The Sound Well brought by my house personally (after having like four different physical spaces that got gradually smaller/harder to find/only open on like, alternate Thursdays, they’ve gone online-only). I have like, 40-50 records so far.

My favorite so far that I had to get because I coveted it so hard, is Neptunian Maximalism’s Éons:

10 Likes

Joined the Vinyl Fight roster and got me a Technics SL-1500C,

and had to break it in with

and obv was all

:twinklestar:

because i am so, so, soooo easy to please.

Before adding some gaming LPs to the fray, assembled a starters-kit consisting of

41LMHM8evUL.AC_SX425

:smirk:

07ad60-20161205-agnes-obel

pleading the fifth here…

… and the remaining/missing Obel LP ‘Philharmonics’, plus Hania Rani’s Home should be here next week.
Should be good for a few sessions testing the 1500, yupp!

7 Likes