NO RANGERS ALLOWED

???

Weird, this page works:

1 Like

Guys I still haven’t started editing the next episode, please shame me

you’re keeping me from remembering the name of my hogfriend

wasnt it like bartholomew or something

I’m gonna be forced to listen to the new adventure zone if I don’t get a new episode soon

And nobody wants that

I mean I don’t wanna shit on other DND podcasts in our DND podcast thread but though I find the McElroys preternaturally hilarious I couldn’t keep listening to TAZ because of all the Griffin Monologues. Just let them play the fuckin game man

2 Likes

I have a higher tolerance for this but by the end

yeah

it was real bad, even though I still liked it.

I couldn’t listen to the new TAZ though, for some reason it was…deeply annoying? I listened to 1.5 episodes and yeah I had to quit

3 Likes

I think the main reason I enjoyed Balance was Taako bouncing off everyone else, and now there is no Taako and everyone’s gone for fairly… withdrawn? characters. At least, that was my initial impression. I haven’t been keeping up with it.

2 Likes

Here’s how to sell this podcast: “we’re all Taakos”

1 Like

The goodwill taz generated early on being just a funny family having some lazy fantasy goofs really carried me through all of the boilerplate drama of Griffin’s First Multiverse (and it was still silly enough at times to be fun) but with the superhero thing they seem to be going for Earnest Carefully Sketched Characters right out the gate and its pretty flat.

Start “naming a wizard elf after a taco would be funny” then find your shit out it worked really well the first time I mean gosh.

I bet Clint could moderate an interesting story experience if he wasn’t trying to be griffin

also Travis should not try to pretend to be a particularly smart person

4 Likes

I am probably too harsh but alas in my heart I am a hater and hate with such ease ;____;

I guess if we have a “thing” it’s really that the podcast is an afterthought and we’re just playing a dumb game to amuse each other not Producing An Entertainment Product

it is cuba’s will that brings our embarrassments into the public eye

speaking of, Silence is totally a concentration spell and we probably should have gotten into a much bigger fight to slake Ven’s thirst for undead redeath but I was real exhausted/distracted and it slipped my mind just like my prepared hog raps WHOOPS

I have been watching a lot of videos recently of these two ok but not great nerds talk about 5e D&D called WEB DM (really compelling title) and I have to say that, if we don’t play D&D in the best possible way, we at least play it in the best possible way for me personally. I mean the videos sort of explore the available spectrum of “standard” D&D as debated by nerds on internet message boards and so forth and while no particular aspect of our play really lies outside these spectra, I think our selection and mix of these aspects is pretty close to unique, and it rules very much.

We can go back and hang out in the graveyard all day if you want ven is always down

haha, I don’t think anyone can remember which ones are concentration spells and which arent, 5e’s most clunky 3.5ism is how magic is hard to keep track of.

I’m not even a little bit sorry

2 Likes

I still don’t really know or care to know what standard dnd play is like (because there’s not really such a thing as standard dnd play outside of adventurers league stuff, the beautiful thing about rpgs is that they’re black box rules packages that get interpreted differently by every single group and before youtube and podcasts every group really did play in completely different ways.)

but if you want better/nerds talking about dnd, Matthew Colville is compelling in his own way, though I don’t run the game like he talks about running it, I’ll still watch his videos because occasionally there are ideas I’m interested in.

Well - I mean - it’s not like before youtube and podcasts people literally didn’t communicate about the ways they played D&D.

I like this guy

Sure, people talked about it but you couldn’t see what people were doing without actually playing with them. There wasn’t a consistent style between groups even using the same rules. The same still holds true today, even with more didactic games like the burning wheel and apocalypse world: no specificity of rules can impart play culture, and even watching another group play a game can only have so much effect on your own playstyle (usually in the form of recognizing a good method and using it yourself)