nightshade: shaders you configured today

I finally got my CRT filter working exactly how I want it to

it’s the gtuv50 one with these settings:

and i think it looks fucking perfect, i got a little weepy not gonna lie

31 Likes

Mighty fine! and oh yes let’s share filter/shader settings with screenshots more often :tv:

2 Likes

OK! I customized CRT-Royale Kurozumi. By default it’s too sharp and the gamma doesn’t feel right, and CRT-Royale’s default bloom has a bad-looking falloff in high-contrast images. Here’s a picture of it applied to Metal Gear Solid in RetroArch running on Beetle HW with SSAA and PGXP turned on.

5 Likes

Gorgeous! What I meant though is more often alongside parameter values and such. I’ve messed with crt royale a lot but don’t think I’ve ever settled on a look.

Here’s a link to a gist that has the shader and one with an ntsc filter

2 Likes

For the total noobs among us, are these filters you’re just throwing on whatever program, or are they shaders inside specific emulation programs?

it’s retroarch.

hot tip: did you know retroarch has an integrated media viewer that can also use its shaders?

hey devs: let us pump the desktop through it

2 Likes

Thanks for these tips!

why yes, yes I did know

6 Likes

retroarch has been suggested to me a million times, so i’m finally giving a go. i don’t really know the best shaders for each system, and playstation stuff straight up won’t load for me, but i managed to get this going for these nes classics.

4 Likes

are retroarch’s shaders universal or do you have to set them for each core

they’re universal but you might have to mess around with some because 320px and 256px wide stuff can look different from each other

Could the retroarch shader discussions continue over in some sort of ‘display settings you tinkered with today’ thread?

3 Likes
1 Like

Thank you!

the evergreen thread https://forums.libretro.com/t/correct-geometry-aspect-ratio-for-different-systems/1502/146

2 Likes

that looks so fucking sexy

2 Likes

i didn’t even realize i was rezzing an old thread, SB recommends me a lot of old threads

3 Likes

I will be gone so fast if I ever see people here start complaining about necrobumping threads.

10 Likes

I do kind of love that this forum software drops in an 8 Months Later that makes it seem like it has so much more gravity lol

5 Likes