Nier 2

Drakengard Huge Drops

9 Likes

Bass-On Bassoon

The secret room stuff is wild. I kinda hope it’s a fanmade ARG

6 Likes

I don’t think Yoko Taro’s answer is indicative of anything as it’s entirely consistent with the way he responds to questions about anything in general, related to him or not.

9 Likes

colonel what’s going on here

3 Likes

this is seeming more and more like a viral marketing campaign, and I’m proportionally losing interest

4 Likes

Nier Automata With A New Hat

2 Likes

Oh so you’ll finally be able to import your tf2 hat collection into Nier

1 Like

Worked for frog fractions

1 Like

T…T… THUNDERFORCE 2???

sorry, had to, regret nothing etc.pp.

1 Like

Yeah, the reference is becoming quite blatant now: seed, flower, final boss of Drakengard 3

Are we announcing Drag-On: Nier Accord?

6 Likes

relatively happy ending all things considered

9 Likes

i was very slightly annoyed by this but then read the rest of the article and the “this was just meant to confuse a few people on twitter lol” and “we’re releasing all of our tools and mods open source” made me go

okay yeah this was a good story

8 Likes

all of this had me wondering why anyone would want to mod automata which led me to finding this mod for replicant

there are nier (father) mods too. im t*rrenting replicant immediately

8 Likes

Nerds have been getting way too thirsty about passing off absurdly high-effort mods as cut content lately. First the GDQ OoT “beta” TAS, and now this.

6 Likes

Yeah I actually think it’s pretty annoying and arrogant, even if the work is actually really impressive.

The way they revealed this one to be a mod with a powerpoint slide that had quotes from the devs gushing about how much of an honor it was to work on this :roll_eyes:

2 Likes
1 Like

A shame if the anime is just a straight adaptation, i could see an anthology series that does stories from all over the timeline being really interesting

from a discord i’m in:

looks like it’s an adaptation of automata still, but hopefully has space to go somewhere interesting.
with how loose ‘nier’ is they really should have just done something new. i don’t have much hope if the original intent was a direct retelling.

5 Likes

yeah i have mixed feelings. hopefully it plays with conventions the way the games do