Nier 2

oh, that makes sense. I just walked one off a cliff the one time I had to do so for the main plot, and found a new area that way

i feel less dumb now because the exact same thing happened to me

I only found out you could use items without bringing up the menu via the D-pad during the last boss fight, oops

Deadly Heal chips seem to trivialize the shmup portions because enemy waves will generally have enough to heal you fully once or twice depending on the level of your chip, so free tip if youā€™re bad at dodging bullets

2 Likes

Still plugging away on loop C; did the second resource collector last night. Iā€™m guessing that the second floor might contain dynamic rewards based on game performance up to that point? Anyway, my only real complaint is that certain points of interest for quests appear to be a little bit buggy: I could never find the machine for the racing subquest at the position marked, despite searching the bridge and area around Engels very thoroughly on both loops A and B; similarly, the Wandering Couple quest kept saying I was supposed to find them in the flooded city area near the waterfalls at the beginning, but I scoured the landscape with no luck.

Yeah, I had that problem too, though I think itā€™s the markers that are bugged, rather than the quests. I donā€™t think those quests are supposed to be available at all during loop C.

Also, be sure youā€™re done with the game before you go for a fourth ending. Too many people 'round here have defeated the entire purpose of the final ending by not being ready for it.

So that part in route C where youā€™re basically Nathan Drake in the beginning of Uncharted 2 kinda sucks. Other than that this is hands down one of my favorite video games next to Drakengard and Nier.

So I just bought this game and get really into the prologueā€¦ Until the game crashed to a white screen 15 minutes in. Turns out my new graphics card is the one specific one that this game canā€™t handle, the AMD Radeon RX 480. Lovely. Apparently both the publisher and AMD have known about this issue since March and done nothing about it.

M A S T E R R A C E

3 Likes

This might have something that works?
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Nier:Automata#White_screen_crash.28both_AMD_and_NVIDIA.29

Also in that wiki page Iā€™d like to recommend everyone to read the section about adjusting the Global Illumination setting for some pretty significant performance gains if your framerate has problems. The guide has a warning that the game will look pretty funky when setting it to ā€œOffā€ but even at ā€œLowā€ you get some pretty weird visual glitches in spots. Found ā€œMediumā€ to be the best compromise overall but YMMV.

The page has a number of different fixes and improvements overall that should be useful for anyone who wants the game to either look or perform better.

1 Like

I kept forgetting to make a thread about this game on Metafilter, and now it is too late because someone else just did. On the plus side, that post ends with a link to the spoiler-free endings guide, which was something I meant to track down before I finished my final run with this.

I plowed through a bottle of wine and route B this evening. Started the game last week after putting it off for a month

Usually i spoil stories for myself out of OCD but given how this one started going around 2/3rds of the way through route B, i absolutely will not be doing that this time

this is looking like itā€™s in the running for nocode GOAT-tier. starting to take notes. might have a lot to say later~~

4 Likes
4 Likes

thanks for sharing this!
thereā€™s really some good insight describing what went into the design process for the UI.

Especially since Iā€™ve been analysing some aspects of it myself, it is interesting to get some first hand explanation on top.

https://twitter.com/NierLibrary/status/922313822165024768

2 Likes

Yes but what about Kane in 2Bs Outfit?

Been listening to the full OST from the start on a long drive todayā€¦ahhhhh how excellent it is

1 Like

This weekend I beat path B

8 Likes

the game is about to get amazing for you.

4 Likes