Nier 2

FWIW I got some third-or-fourth-hand mention (through someone completely unfamiliar with the series) that seemed to suggest it might be Atmora

Finally got ending A last night and started loop B. Julieā€™s interest in this was always low, but I think itā€™s fully evaporated now. Gonna try to play through most of this loop on my own and see how things look as we get closer to loop C.

12 Likes

can this be a fan art thread now?
https://twitter.com/mightyatom/status/853055802994823170

1 Like

Maybe this belongs more in the questions thread, but whatever.

I wanna buy this digitally on PS4. I can only seem to find the Day One Edition on the PS Store. Is there a Standard Edition on the store somewhere thatā€™s cheaper or do I have to buy the Day One Edition? I only ask because it took me 20 minutes to find the standard edition of Titanfall 2 last fall and I canā€™t seem to find one for Nier.

Thereā€™s only one edition

Maybe they should call it the Only One Edition then.

Thanks.

1 Like

Eventually theyā€™ll replace the Day One version with the ā€œstandardā€ edition, but thereā€™ll be no benefit to waiting. Itā€™ll be the same price, it just wonā€™t come with the preorder bonus items

DLC announced! OG Nier costumes! Fight the Platinum and SQEX CEOs! Those locked elevators will go somewhere! I hope you still have a save handy! :wink:

In personal news, I finally got ending B last night. This one didnā€™t drag for me; hacking was much more my style over route Aā€™s combat, although it was unfortunate that the hacking layouts repeated as much as they did. My only other complaint was that hacking in combat tended to interact poorly with voice-overs.

Really looking forward to starting my third loop tonight!

A2ā€™s costume rules so much, i wish bro nier had heels :frowning:

1 Like

Sad there is no Papa Nier costume. Papa Nier is cool.

4 Likes

Why would you want to change their hair color!?

Whatā€™s 9S costume supposed to be? The other two are pretty obvious, but cannot identify his.

Young Young Nier, from the first half of the Japanese version.

1 Like

I like old guy nier way more than saint young man nier, so i guess my grubby westerner is showing.

1 Like

Old Man Nier was on the 360 in Japan so like no one played it.

also i know A2 wouldnā€™t care but iā€™m pretty sure 9S would feel awkward running around with his nipples out

So judging by what Iā€™ve read in the thread Iā€™m very near to the end of the first loop (fought against A2) and I got an in-game mail talking about how the Bunker server is approaching max capacity and that I should ā€œorganize my user foldersā€ and to transfer files that arenā€™t ā€œmission-criticalā€ to local storage. I wonder if thatā€™s supposed to be the gameā€™s way of hinting that side quests are gonna go poof because the game is nearing the next loopā€¦?

Thatā€™s an interesting idea, and from somewhere toward the beginning of loop 3, I donā€™t think the game is likely to contradict you.

Hey you posted an image on ps4. You get out of controlling a robot by activating self destruct with l3-r3.

1 Like