Nier 2

nah

1 Like

not a one of them

all they’re really necessary for is a) enjoying the world a little more, since the main quest, especially on Loop A, has questionable pacing on its own, and b) getting enough materials to upgrade your weapons. I only wound up with one lv. 4 and three lv. 3 weapons by the end of loop C, and I think I’d done like 30-some percent of the sidequests and gotten about 60% of the weapons

I know there’ll be time to do sidequests after I finish loop A (I’m like 15 hours in and I think finally getting close), but I keep doing them and putting off the main quest because certain ones… well, I promised some NPCs I’d help them out and I don’t wanna let them down. :frowning:

1 Like

Failing to save the robot lady’s son was so sad. I’d imagine it’s possible to succeed, but I didn’t, which was genuinely surprising. So many subquests are sad or bittersweet, but I have to try.

I <3 Engels.

okay i hit loop 3

this game just broke the sound barrier

3 Likes

man playing through all this again in japanese is gonna rule

Still working that on my own. I dunno if you had this experience, but the first time I watched Akira, it was a dub. Then later in life, I watched the sub and HOLY SHIT THOSE MOUTHS ARE ANIMATED SO WELL. Nier does this amazingly well.

2 Likes
2 Likes

If you care about spoilers, skip watching that video until you clear ending C at least.

ah, shit, didn’t think there was anything major in there. Just a bunch of combat.

I know there’s a billion posts in this thread that are just ‘Yoooo loop C,’ but

Yoooooo loop C tho

3 Likes

Does anybody know if a tolerable person has done a video let’s play of Drakengard?

Does anybody know if a tolerable person has done a video let’s play

5 Likes

Depends on what amount of school you’re too cool for

1 Like

doctorate in hating gammers

3 Likes

I… no. No.

Also is loop c like substantially different from the first 2 because loop b is kind of a chore and idk if I can play this a third time

yes

and I maintain that you should take a break from the game and/or do some sidequests if it feels like a chore. there’s like one hour near the end of A and one hour near the beginning of B that both feel flabby to me but that’s the worst of it

1 Like

So the Hot Topic of LPers, then, eh.

Hmm. Try TotalBiscuit maybe. Or Jim Sterling?

yes
replying to duke